What is Anorexia, Its Symptoms and Anorexia Treatment in Turkey Anorexia is an eating disorder. This psychological problem, which people suffer from, especially during adolescence, also affects the person’s body. People who have eating disorders due to the anxiety of gaining weight, who eat little or not at all, are exposed to a disease that can lead to death if they are not treated. What is Anorexia, How to Treat it, you can read in detail in the continuation of our article.
What is Anorexia Nervosa?
Anorexia Nervosa is an eating disorder. The underlying concern is that I will gain weight. For this reason, people avoid eating food. On the other hand, individuals who sleep less and move frequently can experience excessive weight loss. This disease affects people both physically and mentally. Anorexia Nervosa, which progresses extremely dangerously, is called the disease of the modern age. This disease, especially seen in adolescent girls and young adults, frightens parents. The short answer to the question of What is Anorexia Nervosa can be like this.
In this disease, which usually starts as a psychological disorder, the fearful dream of the individual is to gain weight. In fact, years ago, it was seen that he told a client counselor that he did not even lick a postage stamp for fear of gaining weight. It is also known that when this psychological disorder reaches advanced dimensions, the result can go up to death due to sudden and excessive weight loss, melting of bones, heart and kidney disorders.
What Are the Symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa?
Disturbances in the human body come with a number of symptoms. These symptoms can be called messages to people. The way the distressed body says there is a problem with me are the symptoms shown. So, what are the Symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa, which is the disease of the modern age, let’s find out together.
- Signs of excessive weight loss with the person’s refusal to eat
- The symptom of overeating and vomiting the food with the feeling of remorse
- The occurrence of hair growth on the body of the person with anorexia nervosa
- First of all, because of this situation, which starts with psychological problems, the person is constantly in a state of depression and anxiety
- The person’s insomnia
- Due to obsession with excessive weight, the act of not eating is accompanied by constant and heavy sports
- Excessive fear of gaining weight
- Constantly thinking that he is overweight
- All the thoughts on his mind and the conversations he has with his friends are constantly related to weight
- Inability to menstruate for at least 3 months in women
- Pain and cramps in the stomach, diarrhea or constipation
- Problems in the skin and hair
- The feeling of vomiting after eating and the acid accumulating in the mouth after vomiting causes tooth decay
What Causes Anorexia Nervosa?
What are the Causes of Anorexia Nervosa is one of the most frequently asked questions, especially by parents. It is a psychological disorder that is usually caused by the combination of many external factors. We can explain some of the causes of this disease for you as follows:
- Having a family history of diseases such as anorexia or bulimia nervosa
- Having a job that people do about the body, such as dance and ballet, where appearance is important
- Social pressures that impose the perception that the weaker look better
- The stress experienced by the person
- Overcoming severe traumas
- The confusion of entering puberty
reasons such as can cause this disease
How Is Anorexia Nervosa Diagnosed?
After the person consults the doctor due to an eating disorder and severe weight loss, the doctor asks the patient for several tests. The purpose of these tests is to find out if there are other diseases that cause weight loss. How to Diagnose Anorexia Nervosa If we look at it, the doctor first examines the patient physically. Height and weight are measured. Serious symptoms such as the person’s pulse, blood pressure, and body temperature are examined. Examinations are made in the heart, livers and abdomen, which are the most affected areas. It is investigated whether deformation occurs in the skin and nails.
After a series of tests and physical examination, the stage of asking questions begins by chatting with the person. After being diagnosed with Anorexia Nervosa, it is recommended that the person seek both medical and psychological treatment.
What are Anorexia Nervosa Treatment Methods?
Anorexia Nervosa is more common in adolescent girls who are in the developmental age and are confused. The fashion sense that the cosmetics industry imposes on people enables these individuals to accept the belief that they do not like their height, weight and appearance, and that they must be thin in order to be beautiful. For this reason, this problem, which starts with the thought of paying attention to his weight and dieting, turns itself into anorexia nervosa and the life of the person is negatively affected. So what are the Anorexia Nervosa Treatment Methods, let’s take a look together.
This disease is usually referred to the hospital when it reaches serious dimensions. Because what happens to the patient is normal and he still looks fat. For this reason, during the treatment process, specialist doctors, dietitians and psychologists work as a team and try to adapt the person to normal life. If the person has lost 30% or more of their weight, the treatment is carried out under hospital conditions. The treatment is started by checking the general health status, nutrition and psychological recovery of the hospitalized patient.
His family should be with him during the treatment process. It is also very important that the person accepts and believes in this treatment. If the person does not believe that he is not overweight and tries to keep his truth, a certain way cannot be achieved in the treatment. After the treatments, the patient is discharged when the target weight is reached. However, since this situation tends to recur, the person should be checked frequently.
Anorexia Nervosa Treatment Prices in Turkey
Turkey has achieved outstanding success in the treatment of many physical and psychological diseases by using modern treatment methods. He sent people to their homes happily in many serious diseases with a very high recovery rate. This satisfaction spread from word to mouth and made Turkey’s name known. For this reason, Turkey ranks first among the countries preferred for all kinds of treatment. We can explain the reasons for this preference in a few sentences as follows:
- The treatment methods used in Turkey are suitable for modern medicine
- Hospitals are fully equipped with advanced technology
- Hospitals are clean, spacious and wide
- The fact that doctors and nurses are experts in their field
- Again, doctors and nurses are aware of the seriousness of the health status of patients and approach them empathetically
- Hospitality and helpfulness of all personnel, including the intermediary company, who takes care of the patient and helps him to come to Turkey
- The fact that the treatments, accommodation, and compulsory needs such as eating, drinking and dressing in Turkey are met at an affordable price
It can be shown among the reasons for preference. Anorexia Nervosa Treatment Prices in Turkey are among the most curious subjects. In terms of the fact that people’s diseases are unique to them, the treatment to be done and the time elapsed are also personal. For this reason, there may be changes in price. You can contact us to learn any questions and price information you have in mind. In addition, if you come to Turkey through us, we can facilitate your visa application procedures with the invitation letter we send to the consulate.
Prof.Dr. Ergün Dağlıoğlu (Eğitim Görevlisi), Beyin Cerrahı, Beyin Ve Sinir Cerrahisi