What is Lung Cancer, Symptoms and Treatment of Lung Cancer in Turkey. Lung cancer, which is in the first place among the deaths caused by cancer, occurs when the cells in the lungs reproduce out of control and unnecessarily. Smoking is one of the leading causes of this cancer. In this article, where we will answer questions such as what is lung cancer and how to treat it, we will also talk about what are the symptoms of lung cancer.
- What are the Symptoms of Lung Cancer?
- What are the Causes of Lung Cancer?
- What are the Lung Cancer Risk Factors?
- What are the Lung Cancer Stages?
- How is Lung Cancer Diagnosed?
- Imaging Methods in Lung Cancer
- Biopsy Methods in Lung Cancer
- How is Lung Cancer Treated?
- Vaccine Treatment in Lung Cancer
- What are the Ways to Prevent Lung Cancer?
- Lung Cancer Treatment Prices in Turkey
In the field of medicine, which is developing and advancing with today’s technology, early diagnosis has a very important place in this type of cancer. In the early stages of cancer formation, as a result of the diagnosis, deaths are reduced and the person’s chance of survival increases. However, this type of cancer plays a leading role in a very serious rate of deaths.
In the later stages of lung cancer, cells that multiply uncontrollably pass to distant organs through the bloodstream, minimizing the survival rate of the person.
What are the Symptoms of Lung Cancer?
Lungs are the organs through which people breathe. For this reason, taking good care of these vital organs is equivalent to prolonging our life. Cancerous cells formed in the lungs due to some reasons can progress and make people sick, and they can also show some symptoms. These symptoms may differ depending on the location of the tumor. For example, the symptoms of a tumor in the upper part of the lungs can be listed as follows:
- Pain in the arms and shoulders
- The occurrence of hoarseness in the individual
- Symptoms such as drooping of the eyelid may occur
However, since these symptoms are the same as the symptoms of many diseases, they are ignored and neglected by the person. If one or more of these symptoms do not disappear within weeks and continue, it is very important to consult a specialist doctor. We can briefly answer the question of What are the Symptoms of Lung Cancer as follows:
- Continuous coughing, which gradually worsens
- Bloody sputum that occurs in the person
- The condition of hoarseness
- Difficulty swallowing things
- loss of appetite
- Situations such as sudden and rapid weight loss of people can be shown among the symptoms
What are the Causes of Lung Cancer?
Lung cancer is a serious disease that can result in death if not diagnosed and treated. For this reason, the person should take care of himself and consult a specialist doctor immediately when an abnormal situation is encountered.
This disease has multiple causes. If we need to answer the question of What are the Causes of Lung Cancer in this article we have prepared for you, we can list these reasons as follows:
- Smoking is one of the leading causes of lung cancer. The high amount of cigarettes that people use for a long time also triggers the formation of this cancer. When we look at the lives of cancer patients, approximately 80-90% of people smoke. Especially in people who passively breathe cigarette smoke, the risk of being caught is quite high.
- Another factor is the environmental factor Respiration of harmful substances and gases such as radon gases, asbestos, intense pollution in the air, radioisotopes, heavy metals and finally mustard gas also invites this disease.
- If this disease is also found in the genetic factors of the person, that is, in the family and relative history, the risk of developing lung cancer is quite high.
- People with HIV infection are also at a higher risk of developing lung cancer.
- The last reason we will talk about is radiation. As everyone knows, lung damage in individuals exposed to radiation causes this cancer.
What are the Lung Cancer Risk Factors?
After explaining the question of what are the Causes of Lung Cancer above in detail, if we summarize this subject as What are the Lung Cancer Risk Factors, briefly We can classify it as:
- environmental factors such as air pollution
- hereditary ways
What are the Lung Cancer Stages?
Lung cancer is a serious disease that can result in death if left untreated and has a high risk of death among cancer diseases. Different methods are used in the diagnosis and treatment of this disease. These methods determine the type and stage of cancer. What are the Lung Cancer Stages, let’s examine together under this heading.
Stage 1 Lung Cancer; It is only in the lungs and has not spread to other organs. This tumor is 5 cm or less in size and did not affect the lymph nodes.
Stage 2 Lung Cancer; At this stage, the size of the cancerous cell has reached approximately 7 cm. However, spread to the lymph nodes did not occur. At this stage, it has approached the nodes of the lymph nodes, the bronchi, the diaphragm and the rib cage area.
Stage 3A Lung Cancer; At this stage, it is seen that the tumor has spread to the lymph nodes along with the lungs. He approached the part of the trachea, which was divided into two. In this very common spread, cancerous cells have also spread to nearby organs such as the heart, trachea, and other lungs.
3D Stage Lung Cancer ; At this stage, the cancerous cells have spread to the collarbones, the lymph nodes in the middle of the chest, and the areas that are divided into two, where the trachea is located.
Stage 4 Lung Cancer; At this stage, cancerous cells, including the brain and bones, have spread to distant organs through the circulation.
How is Lung Cancer Diagnosed?
When seeking an answer to the question of How is Lung Cancer Diagnosed, first of all, people whose family and relatives have this disease should undergo cancer screening at regular intervals. The biggest aim of this is to detect cancer early and prevent it from having fatal consequences and to start the treatment process quickly. Apart from this, it is very important for individuals who smoke heavily, who are over 55 years old but who have not been diagnosed with cancer, to have cancer screening at regular intervals.
If the individual has symptoms of cancer, the doctor may request some tests and examinations at this stage. He or she may request a chest X-ray or computed tomography. If the person has an active cough with phlegm, samples taken from it can be sent to the laboratory for analysis.
It can be examined by taking samples from the cells by biopsy method. After these and some similar tests and examinations, a diagnosis of lung cancer is made if the person has it. In line with the detected type and stage, the treatment process begins.
Imaging Methods in Lung Cancer
During the diagnosis and diagnosis of lung cancer, there are a number of imaging methods performed on the patient. We can explain Lung Cancer Imaging Methods for you as follows:
- Lung X-ray
- Computed Tomography Method
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Method
- Positron Emission Tomography Method
- Bone Scintigraphy Method
Biopsy Methods in Lung Cancer
In order to learn the type and stage of the disease in the body of the individual who has lung cancer, an examination called biopsy is performed. Samples taken from the lungs are examined under a microscope. After this examination, the doctor has information about the type and stage of the tumor. We can list the Lung Cancer Biopsy Methods, which are examined by taking tissue, as follows:
- Bronchoscopy Method
- Needle Aspiration Method
- Thoracentesis Method
- Thoracotomy Method
- Sputum Cytology Method
How is Lung Cancer Treated?
There is no clear answer to the question of How Lung Cancer is Treated. Because the treatment of this disease varies according to the type of cancer, the stage of the cancer, and the health status of the patient. After the type and stage are determined, the treatment process begins according to the treatment method that the doctor will use.
If the doctor deems it appropriate and the patient is suitable for this, the lung or part of the tumor is surgically removed. Chemotherapy treatment is applied in patients who are not suitable for surgery. Apart from these, new treatment methods are used together with developing technology such as smart drugs and immunotherapy.
Vaccine Treatment in Lung Cancer
The discovery of new treatment methods in the developing and rapidly advancing field of medicine gives hope to many people, including cancer patients. One of these methods is immunotherapy. In other words, it is known as Vaccine Treatment in Lung Cancer.
This vaccine is currently used in the treatment of stage 4 lung cancer in eligible patients . In general, side effects are less than chemotherapy. It is aimed to defeat cancerous cells by using the person’s own immune system.
What are the Ways to Prevent Lung Cancer?
As there are many causes of lung cancer, which seriously affects people, there are also ways to prevent it. If we answer the question of What are the Ways to Prevent Lung Cancer?
- People should stay away from cancer-triggering things such as smoking and alcohol consumption.
- It is necessary to stay away from stress, which is the cause of everything, and think positively.
- You should not be exposed to radiation.
- Air pollution should be avoided as much as possible.
- Cancer-inducing substances such as tar, gasoline, paints, asbestos should not be inhaled.
- Finally, the person needs to eat healthy.
Lung Cancer Treatment Prices in Turkey
Turkey, which has made important progress in the field of medicine, as in every field, also achieves successful results in the treatment of many serious diseases such as cancer. These successful results aroused repercussions in the world and attracted the attention of foreign citizens. Due to this success story, foreign citizens who want to find a cure for their deadly diseases especially want to be treated in Turkey. There are some reasons for this desire to be treated. We can list these reasons for you as follows:
- Majority of the treatments in Turkey have resulted in success
- The devices and treatment methods used in Turkey are the latest technological and scientific
- Hospitals are large, comfortable, clean and fully equipped
- The fact that doctors and nurses are experts and experienced in their fields, and that these people are aware of the serious situation of the patients and behave with a smiling face by empathizing
- Helpful and hospitable of all the personnel who take care of you, including the intermediary company that brought you to Turkey
- With Turkey’s historical and natural beauties, it offers a holiday opportunity to patients
- It is preferred that the needs such as treatment, food, drink, shelter, travel are done at affordable prices
It is not possible to give clear information about Lung Cancer Treatment Prices in Turkey, which is wondered by everyone when it comes to the price issue. There are a number of factors that affect this price. Many factors such as the type of cancer, the stage of the cancer, the diagnosis and treatment methods to be used, and the length of stay in the hospital affect the price. For this reason, you can contact us for answers to all questions about cancer treatment and detailed price information. In addition, if you come to Turkey through us, we can facilitate your visa procedures with our invitation letter sent by us to the consulate.
Prof.Dr. Ergün Dağlıoğlu (Eğitim Görevlisi), Beyin Cerrahı, Beyin Ve Sinir Cerrahisi