Oral care is one of the areas of personal care that is extremely important and continuous. If this care is not provided adequately, cavities occur in the teeth. The bad bacteria in these caries can affect the tooth root after a certain period of time. The inflammation of the tooth root that occurs as a result of this effect has the power to negatively affect the life of the person. Root canal treatment is applied to relieve this discomfort. However, in some cases, this root canal treatment is insufficient. At this stage, a surgical procedure called Apical Resection comes into play. So, what is Apical Resection and how it is treated will be answered in our article.
- What is Apical Resection?
- How is Apical Resection Surgery Performed?
- In Which Situations Is Apical Resection Surgery Applied?
- Can Apical Resection Surgery Be Applied to All Teeth?
- What Should Be Considered After Apical Resection?
- What is Apical Resection Success Rate?
- Pain After Apical Resection
- How Long Does Swelling Last After Apical Resection?
- Apical Resection Treatment Prices in Turkey
What is Apical Resection?
Apical resection is the process of cleaning and removing the inflamed structure that occurs at the root tips of the tooth by surgical method. In short, the answer to the question of What is Apical Resection is like this.
In cases where dental care is insufficient, bacteria can grow in the mouth and cause tooth decay. After these bruises progress and reach the roots, this problem can be solved with root canal treatment. Although root canal treatments are applied to many patients and have positive results, it may not work in many patients. At this stage, the root tips should be cleaned from inflammation and infections by surgical operation. This is also called Apical Resection.
How is Apical Resection Surgery Performed?
Apical resection, that is, root tip treatment, is performed with the effect of local anesthesia. In this way, the patient does not feel uncomfortable or pain during the surgery. It takes about 30 minutes on average. After cleaning the infection in the root of the tooth, the area is closed by suturing. Root tip surgery performed in correct and experienced hands successfully passes, and after a while, the infection passes. Afterwards, bone formation is expected in the region on its own. The question of How Apical Resection Surgery is Performed can be answered in this way.
In Which Situations Is Apical Resection Surgery Applied?
In which cases Apical Resection Surgery is Applied, we can explain as follows:
- In cyst formations occurring in tooth roots
- When root canal treatment fails
- In cases where an instrument is broken during root canal treatment and this part needs to be removed from there
- If at least one third of the root bone is broken
Can Apical Resection Surgery Be Applied to All Teeth?
The question of whether Apical Resection Surgery can be applied to all teeth can be answered as follows. If the patient’s mouth and jaw structure is suitable and the doctor deems it necessary, this surgery can be applied to any tooth.
What Should Be Considered After Apical Resection?
What Should Be Considered After Apical Resection?
- After the operation, the dental buffer should not be removed immediately. In this way, unnecessary bleeding is prevented.
- You should not eat or drink anything for at least 2 hours after the surgery.
- When it is time to eat or drink after the surgery, care should be taken to ensure that the foods or beverages consumed are warm.
- Avoid hot food and drinks.
- Hard foods and drinks should be avoided.
- In order to consume solid foods, it is necessary to wait for the anesthetic effect to pass completely.
- If swelling occurs, ice can be applied.
- The ice method applied must be external. It can be done for one day and should be applied ten minutes apart.
- After the operation, the pain that occurs after the anesthetic effect wears off can be controlled with the drugs given by the doctor.
- Oral care should be taken care of.
- It is important to keep the operated area clean.
What is Apical Resection Success Rate?
When asked what is the Apical Resection Success Rate, the recovery rate is quite high after root canal treatment, which cannot be performed and is not sufficient.
Pain After Apical Resection
Pain after Apical Resection may begin with the anesthetic effect passing. You should not forget that you had an operation. Symptoms such as pain, swelling and bruising as a result of this are quite normal. Pain can be controlled with medications prescribed by the doctor. However, if there are situations that do not seem normal to you, it is useful to consult your doctor.
How Long Does Swelling Last After Apical Resection?
Generally, the swelling that occurs after the surgery lasts approximately 2-3 days. Ice can be applied to this swelling from the outside. This may be the answer to the question of How Long Does the Swelling Last After Apical Resection? Timely use of prescribed medications after surgery can reduce possible adverse effects.
Apical Resection Treatment Prices in Turkey
In the field of dental treatments, Turkey also saves people from their negative situation with successful methods. In this way, it is seen that the treatment methods in Turkey, whose success and satisfaction rate has increased, are preferred by foreign citizens. The reasons for this preference can be briefly explained as follows:
- Hospitals are spacious, clean and fully equipped
- The fact that the doctors are experts in their field and smiling
- Hospitality and helpfulness of all staff who take care of patients
- The use of modern treatment methods in the treatment of diseases
- Treatment and all other needs are met at an affordable price,
It can be shown among the reasons for preference
Apical Resection Treatment Prices in Turkey are among the topics that everyone is curious about. But it is not correct to give clear information. Because the diagnosis and treatment methods are personal, this causes changes in prices. You can contact us for answers to your questions and price information. In addition, if you come to Turkey through us, we can facilitate visa procedures with the invitation letter we send to the consulate.
Prof.Dr. Ergün Dağlıoğlu (Eğitim Görevlisi), Beyin Cerrahı, Beyin Ve Sinir Cerrahisi