Hair Transplant Treatment in Turkey
- Hair Transplant Treatment in Turkey
- How to Do Hair Transplantation?
- Who is Eligible For Hair Transplant
- What is FUE hair transplantation?
- What is Sapphire Hair Transplantation?
- What is DHI Hair Transplantation?
- What Are The Basic Stages of Hair Transplantation?
- What Should Be Considered Before Hair Transplantation?
- What to Consider After Hair Transplantation?
- What Kind of Results Await Us After Hair Transplantation?
- How Much is the Graft Hair Amount?
- What Does Graft Mean?
- How Long Is Hair Transplantation Permanent?
- Why is Hair Transplantation So Popular in Turkey?
- Why Should You Go to Turkey for Hair Transplantation?
- Is It Safe To Travel To Turkey For Hair Transplant?
- Hair Transplant Prices in Turkey
Hair loss is One of the most important personal problems of many people. These problems which start after a certain age in every individual whether male or female, it is may be caused by genetic factors or hormonal factors, and in some people can be seen at earlier ages. The procedure that includes determining the area where the hair density of the patient to be treated is low and applying the hair follicles taken from the nape to the needed area using local anesthesia is called hair transplantation.
Hair loss, which affects people’s appearance and therefore their daily lives, is no longer a fate with the development of technology, it has become a simple problem that can be solved in an easy and practical way. When we look at the picture in general, hair loss is a serious issue that affects people’s lives, and it is important to solve it by cooperating with an institution that does its job seriously and has specialist doctors in the field.
The majority of people who make research with the request of hair transplantation, think that it is logical to be treated in Turkey because there are specialist doctors in the field with suitable prices and the possibility to making touristic trips if they want after the treatment.
How to Do Hair Transplantation?
Before hair transplantation, should be listened to the patient’s story and put a treatment plan. Firstly, it is determined which type of hair transplantation will be applied to the area to be transplanted and the procedures are started. Since these procedures are performed with local anesthesia, the patient doesn’t feel any pain. The transactions are as follows:
- The first procedure starts by numbing the area where the application will be made with local anesthesia. By this method the patient will be able to comfortably wait for the operation to end without feeling any pain.
- The second operation is the Collection of Grafts. In this process, the area where the hair follicles will be taken is determined and the grafts are collected with the help of micro-motor devices used by specialist doctors, without deforming the shape of the area, and are kept in the organ transplant solution until planting is done, since there are still living organisms around.
- The third process is the placement of grafts. The collected grafts are taken from the solution and placed in the channels opened one by one. These procedures take between 3 or 6 hours, depending on the density of hair follicles in the area. If the area without hair is very large, the hair transplantation process is completed in a few sessions.
The reason why this operation is called microsurgery is: It is in a hospital environment and not as heavy as normal surgeries. This operation is very easy and painless.
After hair transplantation, a bandage is applied to the head where the treatment is performed, and the person is discharged 1 or 2 hours after the end of the operation. After the effect of anesthesia wears off, pain in the area is kept under control with the drugs prescribed by the doctor.
With the doctor’s recommendation, patients should be at home and rest for the first three days. At the end of three days, while the bandage on the head can be returned to routine life, the first dressing is applied on the 5th day .
Who is Eligible For Hair Transplant
Hair loss which is often seen in men can also become a nightmare for women. It is seen that people who experience hair loss due to heredity, hormonal or other reasons encounter this problem until the age of 19-20. There is something that individuals who want to solve their hair loss problem by having hair transplantation should know. Who Can Have Hair Transplantation? Or Who Cannot Have Hair Transplantation? Let’s find out the answers to these questions together:
Firstly, the person who will have hair transplantation should be individuals who have reached a certain age and have completed their physical development. You should not have a physiological disorder that can remove the procedures to be applied for hair transplantation. In the area where donor hair follicles will be taken, there should be hair follicles in the appropriate amount and structure. The sparseness in the area to be transplanted should be suitable for transplanting. Apart from the normal shedding of the hair transplant area, scars, burn marks or surgical scars from previous surgeries are also successfully performed.
During the pre-procedure controls, an operation plan should be created by examining the area by dermatology doctors. Because if there are skin diseases such as eczema and psoriasis, the success rate of the procedure applied to the area decreases.
Before the procedure is performed, the patient’s history should be followed by making serious controls. If you have diseases such as Hepatitis C, HIV-AIDS, Pseudopelade, Lichen Planus, hair transplantation is not applied.
In addition, hair transplantation is not applied to people who do not have enough hair follicles in the donor area and have had more than 3 unsuccessful hair transplantation operations before.
What is FUE hair transplantation?
One of the most important accessories that affect the appearance of every person regardless of gender, is their hair. Hair starts to fall out genetically after a certain age in men, and in women it starts to fall out due to hormonal or stress reasons.
Individuals who see that their hair starts to fall out and thin out while they want to have healthy and strong hair, find the solution in hair transplantation, which is practically painless.
While more than one method is used in hair transplantation, one of them and the most widely used by experts is FUE Hair Transplantation Method. With this method, the hair taken from the donor area is kept in the organ transplant solution so that it can continue to protect the living organism around it.
When the procedure will be performed later, channels are opened one by one in areas with hair loss problem and the donor hairs taken are placed in this channel. Hair Transplantation with the FUE Method It takes an average of 7-8 hours with the process of collecting the donor hairs and placing them in the channels. This procedure is performed with local anesthesia and the patient does not feel pain. It is the best method to get result closest to the natural look.
What is Sapphire Hair Transplantation?
Sapphire hair transplant, It is the process of applying the FUE hair transplantation method but with special sapphire-tipped blades. This process name is taken from special sapphire-tipped blades that doctors use while performing the procedure.
What is DHI Hair Transplantation?
The short name of the form of treatment, which is called Direct Hair Implantation is known as DHI. With this method the hair follicles are applied directly to the affected area without the need for difficult procedures.
There is no individual wants to lose his natural hair. However, when hair loss occurs in the area due to reasons such as hair fall, injury or surgical scars the first procedure they will apply is hair transplantation. Since this is a serious and surgical operation, you should definitely have this procedure done in hospitals that do their job very well and by meeting with reliable doctors.
The procedure is applied like FUE Hair Transplantation. The only difference from this process is that the hair follicles are applied directly to the affected area, not by opening the channel. Since the channel is not opened, this method is the method with the least risk of infection after the procedure.
This procedure is preferred by many patients as it is healthier and has less risk of infection. Nape hairs, which are resistant to shedding, are preferred as donors, and each root taken is kept in the solution used in organ transplants until the procedure.
What Are The Basic Stages of Hair Transplantation?
The problem of hair loss, which is mostly experienced by men as patient density, is no longer a problem with today’s technologies. Every individual who has a painless hair transplant can return to his normal life after a few days.
Since most people do not know how hair transplantation is done and what awaits them, they are afraid of this procedure and act shyly. With the procedure steps we will explain below, you can safely be treated by knowing what awaits you in the hospital environment.
There are approximately 6 sequences of hair transplantation process:
- The first of these It is a consultation process. In other words, the patient’s past health history is also listened and investigated, and the operation is planned. All risks and complications that may be experienced before and during hair transplantation are explained to the patient in detail. If the patient is determined about hair transplantation and his body’s health is suitable, it is decided to apply hair transplantation. After this decision stage the hairline and its appearance are designed.
- The second process preparation stage, At this stage the preparation of the area where the hair follicle will be taken as a donor and the area where the hair transplant will be performed is completed. If deemed necessary by the doctor, the hair is shaved to the specified extent. The patient is dressed in medical clothes and taken on a stretcher and anesthesia is applied by spraying without feeling any pain, and the area is numbed.
- In the third stage, the hair follicles are collected from the donor area. Since local anesthesia is applied, the patient doesn’t feel any pain. Since there are still live cells around the collected hair follicles, they are kept in solution until the application process. This solution is the solution in which organs are kept alive during organ transplantation.
- The fourth stage continues with the opening of the channels. At this stage, the doctor and the patient decide together about which method to use, the FUE or DHI hair transplantation method. Opening channels is an application that requires attention and care. The channels should be opened at the same depth and considering the direction of the hair root. Medical blades with sapphire-tipped blades are generally used in the root canal opening process.
- The fifth procedure is hair transplantation. With the FUE hair transplantation method, first the channels are opened at a certain depth and direction, and then the hair transplantation process is performed. However, if our patient has chosen the DHI Hair Transplantation method, the channels are not opened, the roots are taken into the pen with a medical pen called Choi and directly transplanted to the area where the procedure will be performed.
- The sixth and last operation is the end of the operation. The process is completed by dressing. The patient is discharged within 1 or 2 hours. The patient, who is recommended to rest at home for 3 days, can return to his routine life without removing the bandage at the end of three days, while the first dressing is done after 5 days.
What Should Be Considered Before Hair Transplantation?
As everyone knows, hair transplantation is an application that requires surgical procedures and must be performed in sterile environments. As before every operation there are things that every individual male and female should pay attention to and do before hair transplantation.
If you want the application to be smooth and fast during and after hair transplantation, you should apply the following items in cooperation with your doctor:
You must stop smoking and alcohol use 7 days before the hair transplant procedure. If it doesn’t seem possible to stop these habits suddenly, you should reduce them drastically. You should not forget that smoking and alcohol consumption slows down the healing process.
7 days before the hair transplant application, you should stop consuming intense tea, coffee and all foods and beverages containing caffeine.
You should reduce the consumption of green tea 7 days before the hair transplant operation and even stop it if necessary.
If you have drugs that you use regularly for chronic or acute reasons, you should definitely tell your doctor that you are using these drugs. Otherwise, there is a risk of complications during the procedure.
You should stop using blood thinners and drugs 7 days before the hair transplant procedure. Active use of these drugs causes excessive bleeding during the operation. You should stop using the hair solutions, creams or oils you use 30 days before the hair transplant, and you should go to the hospital on the day of the procedure, with the hair washed and clean, without applying any cream, spray or gel.
Before coming to the hair transplant procedure, you should not neglect to have a light breakfast or lunch, and you should take care to wear clothes that do not require you to take it off by your head.
Finally, since driving is not recommended at the end of the operation, if you plan to come from a long distance with your own private vehicle, you should definitely come with someone who will accompany you.
What to Consider After Hair Transplantation?
As after every operation, the most important period after the hair transplant operation is the first three days. The channels opened in the first three days are fresher and the healing has not been fully realized. For this reason, the patient must be resting at home for the first 3 days and pay attention to his care.
- Patient should keep fluid consumption at a high level and pay attention to the time of taking the antibiotic drugs given. Patient should be very careful about his/her diet. Since heavy foods will affect the healing process, it is recommended to consume foods rich in fiber and beneficial.
- Never wash your hair for the first three days after hair transplantation. Although it is recommended that the first wash at the end of 3 days be under the supervision of a doctor in the hospital, the patient can also perform the first wash at home. During the washing process, harsh movements should not be made and shampoos recommended by the doctor should be used.
- After the first wash, the hair washing process should be continued every day for 15 days and after washing lotions recommended by the doctor should be used.
- Crusting on the skin means that the area is healing. These crusts should never be plucked or peeled off. At the end of 7 days, you will see that the crusting is gone.
- At the end of the 10-15 days following the hair transplantation process, the hair will start to shed slowly. This should not worry you because it is a normal condition. Then your hair will start to grow back.
If the patient needs to go out, it is recommended to use a hat that does not tighten his head and to do tiny massages to activate the blood circulation of the area.
What Kind of Results Await Us After Hair Transplantation?
When the hair, which is one of the most important accessories of people, starts to fall out, the person catches a short-term panic. The individual, who is confused about what to do with this state of panic, gets used to the situation and starts to look for solutions and concludes that the most important decision that can be made is hair transplantation.
One of the most important questions that remain in their minds when talking about the first interviews, tests, procedures is what awaits the person after the procedure. The situations that we will tell you in articles will be what awaits you after the procedure.
After the end of the hair transplantation process in the first week, you may feel slight pain and aches with the decrease of the anesthetic effect. For this, your doctor will be able to keep this painful period under control with the drugs he prescribes. It is necessary to apply cold to the forehead area for 2-3 days after the procedure. This application will reduce edema and swelling in the area.
The first week will be to try to keep your head and neck area as upright as possible. If an upright posture is not maintained, swelling and edema are inevitable. In order not to experience this situation, you should sleep in an upright position as much as possible by supporting your back, neck and head with pillows during sleep.
You must be wearing the bandage given by your doctor for the first five days. If you can work while sitting, you should do your work by keeping your head and neck as upright as possible.
At the end of the third day after the procedure, the hair washing process will be carried out. It is recommended that you do this washing process under the control of your doctor in order not to leave your job to chance. You can also do the next washes yourself at home, as your own doctor will tell you how to wash and use shampoo and lotion.
After the hair transplantation process, you should avoid activities and sports that will force you for 4-5 days. At the end of this period, you can return to your normal life without being overly active, and at the end of a 10-day period, you can now return to your routine life.
During the first three months, your head should not be exposed to direct sunlight. You should pay attention to going out by choosing loose hats.
For the first three months, you should stay away from the pool in order to avoid infection.
After hair transplantation, you should also pay attention to your diet and stay away from heavy, oily and spicy foods. Consumption of these foods can increase edema.
Since the crusts formed on the scalp from the second week are a sign of healing, you should never peel or pluck them. These crusts spontaneously shed and disappear within 15 days. After 21 days following the procedure, the transplanted hair will fall out and new ones will grow in its place. You should be patient after hair transplantation because the process of recovery and full hair growth takes 1 year.
How Much is the Graft Hair Amount?
The amount of 1 graft hair taken from the donor area consists of 2-3 hairs on average. Before the procedure, the doctor calculates how many grafts of hair will be taken from the area with hair loss, and the root removal process begins. In other words, to put it into a mathematical calculation, there are an average of 4000 to 6000 hairs in the amount of 2000 graft hair.
What Does Graft Mean?
Graft, It is the removal of the root around the active scalps along with 2-3 hairs taken from the donor area. In other words, in the amount of 1 graft hair taken, there are 2-3 strands and active living skin surrounding them. In order for this skin to remain active, it must be kept in the solution used in organ transplants until the procedure.
How Long Is Hair Transplantation Permanent?
Hair transplantation is a serious condition. If you do not research the health institution where you will have an open transplant or if you do not prefer specialist doctors, the life of your hair will be very short and there may even be serious complications that may occur after or after the procedure.
For this reason, if you give yourself to these people by researching the experts, reliable and serious doctors and their affiliated organizations. You will not have any problems both during and after the procedure and you can use the hair transplant you have done for a lifetime with health. The reason why hair transplantation is preferred so much is that it offers ease of use for many years without any problems.
Why is Hair Transplantation So Popular in Turkey?
Turkey has a highly developed technology in terms of health tourism. So much so that some of the methods used can rise to the top of the world standards. In terms of geographical location, Turkey is among the reasons for preference due to its easy access from both European countries and Eastern and Middle Eastern countries.
Considering the comments of the patients who had hair transplant in Turkey, the biggest factor in their hair transplant here, We see that they prefer it for reasons such as the use of the latest technology, the fact that the doctors are experts and reliable in their field, the high level of care and care before and after the procedure, and the possibility of touristic trips after the procedure.
Another important factor that plays a role in hair transplant treatment in Turkey is that the treatment is extremely cheap here. Hair transplantation in Turkey has become extremely popular because it is both high quality, reliable and affordable. Apart from these two plus factors, an increase is observed in quality doctors and quality hospitals due to the increasing number of hair transplant procedures in Turkey day by day. While there is a waiting period of 2-3 months in European countries, treatment is started immediately, although this is not a waiting period in Turkey.
Why Should You Go to Turkey for Hair Transplantation?
- Quality, friendly, expert doctors and hospital organizations.
- High level of care and attention after the procedure,
- Appropriate pricing policy,
- Since Turkey is a tourism paradise, you should go to Turkey for a hair transplant.
Is It Safe To Travel To Turkey For Hair Transplant?
Recently, going from country to country due to the pandemic has frightened many patients and passengers. However, Turkey has been able to keep the pandemic process tight in its hands, ensuring security within the country, and keeping inter-city and inter-country travels safe.
For this reason, traveling to Turkey is extremely safe, but it will be a hassle-free journey except for a few procedures. Some of these procedures require a document that you have been vaccinated 14 days ago or that you have given a negative test 72 hours ago, as in every country.
Passengers arriving at common areas and airports are followed by thermal cameras, and patients with suspected illness are closely dealt with. Again, common areas such as toll booths, toilets, waiting areas are disinfected at short intervals.
In Turkey, each individual is given a code, and with these codes, whether they are sick or how close they are to sick people and how many people they come in contact with is also followed.
Hair Transplant Prices in Turkey
Turkey ranks first among the countries preferred for hair transplantation by many Turkish and foreign individuals. Turkey is among the reasons for preference, with the process being performed in expert hands, in a safe and sterile environment, using world-class technology, and appropriate pricing policy.
As for the price of hair transplantation, it is not possible to give a certain price for now, considering the equipment to be used, the degree of patency of the area to be applied, the amount of grafts to be taken from the donor area, accommodation, eating and drinking. If you are going to prefer Turkey for hair transplantation, you can contact health tourism agencies for price information.
Prof.Dr. Ergün Dağlıoğlu (Eğitim Görevlisi), Beyin Cerrahı, Beyin Ve Sinir Cerrahisi