What is Smart Lens? (Trifocal Intraocular Lens) Developing and changing technology also appears in the field of eye health. So, with the latest technological steps, it is possible to eliminate the problems that occur in the eyesight of people.
- How Smart Lenses Work?
- What are the Usage Areas?
- What are the Types of Multifocal Intraocular Lenses?
- Smart Lens Treatments
- How is Smart Lens Surgery Performed?
- What are the Points to Be Considered After the Surgery?
- What are the Risks of Smart Lens Surgery?
- What are the Advantages of Smart Lenses?
- Smart Lens Surgery Prices in Turkey
The human eye is magnificently created organs. The cornea layer in the eye has 70% focusing power. The remaining 30% is focused by the eyepiece. While this focusing process continues without any problems until the age of 40-45, after a certain age the eye may lose its focusing function. After this loss, people may experience near-sightedness problems.
As time progresses, the lens of the eye loses its transparency and cataract formation begins. After cataract formation, the individual can no longer see far as well as near. One of the treatment methods after the formation of this disease is the wearing of smart lenses.
The natural lens of the eye, which is deteriorated by surgery, is removed and replaced with artificial smart lenses. There are three types of these lenses. It is preferred according to the needs of the person and the doctor’s approval, as single-focus, bi-focal and trifocal.
How Smart Lenses Work?
In their natural creation, the light beam that comes to people’s eyes is refracted and sent to a single focal point on the retina and merges here. After this process, vision is realized. Our natural eye, which performs this process by stretching on its own, becomes unable to perform this process after a while.
The solution to this is the surgical placement of the smart lenses that will perform this procedure. The working principle of these lenses is also the same. It refracts light and sends it to a single focal point on the retina.This is the answer to the question How Smart Lenses Work.
Trifocal lenses are produced with the aim of refracting light from distances such as near, far, and medium and to work with the natural eye principle. These lenses are also produced specially according to one’s own needs. In this way, patients can achieve near-natural vision by using special lenses suitable for their disease.
What are the Usage Areas?
If we answer the question of What are the Usage Areas; Smart lenses produced with the latest technology can generally be applied to individuals with cataracts or individuals who have visual difficulties due to their age. In addition, smart lenses can be a treatment option for patients whose laser treatment is not approved by the doctor.
However, these lenses may not be suitable for everyone. Apart from vision problems and cataracts, a healthy eye is an important criterion for this surgery: ;
- Individuals with glaucoma
- Individuals with retinal disease
- Individuals with yellow spot disease
- Individuals with optic nerve disease
- Intelligent lens treatment cannot be applied to individuals who have problems in their eyes due to diabetes
What are the Types of Multifocal Intraocular Lenses?
We can explain the answer to the question of Multifocal Intraocular Lens Types as follows:
Smart lenses that provide vision by focusing on a single distance or near vision are called monofocal lenses. After the use of these lenses, there is a need for glasses.
Bifocal lenses, on the other hand, aim at far and near distance. They are called Bifocal Lenses.
Multifocal lenses, also known as trifocal lenses, are called smart lenses. These lenses focus at far, near and intermediate distances.
Smart Lens Treatments
The process of removing the lens that has lost its transparency and replacing it with smart lenses during cataract surgery is called Smart Lens Treatments. After this surgery, which is performed by specialist doctors in a hospital environment, people do not need glasses or normal lenses.
How is Smart Lens Surgery Performed?
This surgery can be applied to individuals over the age of 40-45 who do not want to wear glasses, even without cataracts. In order to apply this, the person must not be suitable for lasik laser treatment.
If we go to the answer to the question of How Smart Lens Surgery is Performed; The operation is performed on both eyes on different days. The average operation time is about 10 minutes. During this period, the person’s eye is anesthetized with eye drops containing anesthetic effect. This numbness prevents the individual from experiencing painful things during the surgery. Contrary to popular belief, general anesthesia is not applied and the person does not need to stay in the hospital after the procedure.
After the surgery, the eye is covered with a bandage and left overnight. The next day, the person starts to see with the opening of the bandages. A few days after the first eye surgery, the other eye is operated on and the treatment process ends.
What are the Points to Be Considered After the Surgery?
Smart lens surgeries are a type of surgery that can be completed in a short time and solve the problems of the person if it is performed in expert hands. The issue of What Should Be Considered Post-Surgery, which people are most curious about, is quite confusing. We can list this issue for you as follows:
- First of all, the patient should not forget that he had surgery in a short time and should take good care of his eyes. It should not rub.
- The medicines given by the doctor to the person should be used on time and regularly.
- You should not lie in the prone position for the first 7 days after the operation.
- After the operation, the eye should not come into contact with water for 5 days.
- 2 days after the operation, the person can return to his daily home and work life.
- The control should be done by the doctor the day after the operation.
- The next routine check-ups, on the other hand, should continue after one month and the next ones every 6 months.
What are the Risks of Smart Lens Surgery?
The ease of use of smart lenses, which will be preferred by people who have vision problems in their eyes, is a known thing. However, the question of What Are the Risks of Smart Lens Surgery is one of the questions that people have in mind. We can explain these risks for you as follows.
This surgery does not have serious risks. However, the most important factor in its absence is the expertise and experience of the doctor to be selected. This experience minimizes the risks to be experienced during the surgery. In addition, the smart lens to be selected should be of high quality and the surgical field should be seriously sterilized.
What are the Advantages of Smart Lenses?
If we explain the Advantages of Smart Lenses for you, we can list them as follows:
- Patients do not feel pain with anesthetic drops dripped into the eye during the surgery.
- It is an operation performed in a short period of approximately 10 minutes.
- The patient uses these lenses for life.
- After the operation, there is no improvement in the numbers of the eyes again.
- After the smart lenses used, the patient does not need glasses or glasses equivalent again.
- After the smart lens surgery, cataracts do not occur in the eyes.
- Ilasik can be applied to eyes that are not in a position to undergo laser treatment.
- After the surgery, serious progress is made in vision.
- After the operation, the patient does not need to stay in the hospital for observation. He is discharged immediately.
Smart Lens Surgery Prices in Turkey
Turkey, which closely follows the developing and advancing science and technology, has also made significant progress in Smart Lens Therapy. Many foreign people prefer Turkey to have this surgery. We can list the reasons for these preferences for you as follows:
- All treatments in Turkey are intertwined with science and are carried out with the help of the latest technology
- Hospitals are spacious and comfortable
- Fully equipped hospitals
- The fact that doctors and nurses are experienced in their field
- All staff, including the intermediary company staff who take care of the patients, are friendly and helpful
- Having the opportunity to have a holiday in Turkey after the treatment
- Factors such as Smart Lens Surgery Prices in Turkey, food and beverage prices, affordable prices for essential needs such as accommodation prices can be shown among the reasons for this preference
If you also want to have smart lens surgery in Turkey through us, we can facilitate your visa procedures with the invitation letter we send to your consulate. You can also contact us for all questions and detailed price information.
Prof.Dr. Ergün Dağlıoğlu (Eğitim Görevlisi), Beyin Cerrahı, Beyin Ve Sinir Cerrahisi