The medical name of this disease, which is generally called prostate enlargement among the people, is Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. It is a disease that is generally known as benign and does not threaten the patient’s life by risking it. In general, it can begin to occur after the age of 50. Like every disease, this disease begins to show some symptoms and becomes involved in the person’s life. The most common symptoms are frequent but little urination and difficulty urinating. So, what is this Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (Benign Prostatic Enlargement) and How to Treat it, let’s find out together.
- What is Benign Prostate Enlargement?
- What are Benign Prostate Enlargement Symptoms?
- What are the Causes of Benign Prostate Enlargement?
- How is Benign Prostate Enlargement Diagnosed?
- What are Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia Treatment Methods?
- What are Benign Prostate Enlargement Risk Factors?
- Benign Prostate Enlargement (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia) Complications
- Does Benign Prostate Enlargement Cause Pain?
- Benign Prostate Enlargement Herbal Treatment
- Benign Prostate Enlargement Treatment Prices in Turkey
What is Benign Prostate Enlargement?
Prostate enlargement in men is generally seen as a sign of aging. The reason for this is that one out of every two people over the age of 50 is diagnosed with benign prostate. When this age reaches 80, there is a risk of developing this disease in 90% of men. The reason is not known exactly. It is usually benign and does not threaten the person’s life. However, people whose quality of life is severely reduced due to a narrowed and constricted bladder is treated to normalize their lives.
Well, what is Benign Prostate Enlargement can be briefly explained as follows. Located under the urinary bladder in men, the prostate is a walnut-sized gland. After the prostate gland grows beyond its normal size, it begins to compress and narrow the bladder. For this reason, when the person goes to urinate, he contracts the bladder more than normal in order to urinate more easily. This can affect the person negatively. It turns into more frequent and less frequent urination. Prostate enlargement, which is generally confused with cancer, is not actually a type of cancer. Prostate cancer is a separate type of disease.
What are Benign Prostate Enlargement Symptoms?
As in many diseases, the symptoms in benign prostate enlargement give the signals of the disease to the person. These symptoms occur with some severity. However, its severity may differ from person to person. What are Benign Prostate Enlargement Symptoms can be briefly explained as follows:
- frequent urination
- Frequent urination at night (Nocturia)
- Difficulty urinating
- Weak urination
- Having a feeling of fullness in the bladder after urinating
- Being unable to urinate
- Seeing blood in the urine
- Infection of the prostate gland
- constriction in the urinary tract
- Stone formation in the bladder or kidneys
- In advanced cases, the formation of prostate or bladder cancer if not treated
What are the Causes of Benign Prostate Enlargement?
When wondering what are the Causes of Benign Prostate Enlargement, the reasons for the occurrence of this disease have not yet been determined, but research continues. Generally, after the age of 50, this disease is seen in half of the men, while the incidence increases by 90% after the age of 80.
How is Benign Prostate Enlargement Diagnosed?
After a number of symptoms occur, the person goes to a doctor’s examination. During the examination, first of all, details such as the drugs used by the patient and past health histories are learned by talking to the doctor and the patient. Then the doctor examines the patient with a physical examination. Next comes the examination of the prostate. By entering the rectal path with your finger, it is provided to have an idea about the size and hardness of the prostate. Then the doctor may ask the patient for a number of tests and examinations to make a diagnosis. How to Diagnose Benign Prostate Enlargement We can list them briefly as follows:
- physical examination,
- Physical prostate examination
- Diagnostic method with digital rectal examination
- Diagnostic method with blood test
- Diagnostic method with prostate specific antigen blood test
- Diagnostic method with urinary flow test
- Diagnostic method with postvoid residual volume test
- Diagnostic method by keeping a 24-hour voiding diary
- Diagnostic method with transrectal ultrasound
- Diagnostic method with prostate biopsy
- Diagnosis method with urodynamic pressure flow studies
- Diagnostic method with cystoscopy
What are Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia Treatment Methods?
The treatment of non-malignant prostate enlargement, which negatively affects the life of the person, is carried out in order to increase the quality of life of the person. What are the Treatment Methods for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia is a detail that is wondered by everyone. These treatments are usually shaped according to the patient and the prostate. All details such as the patient’s age, the size of the prostate, and how it causes complications in the person’s life are taken into consideration. After that, the doctor and the patient decide together what path to follow. Generally, drug therapy is started first. Drugs that should be used for at least 6 months will reduce the prostate gland of the person and will relieve the bladder and urinary tract. If the prostate does not shrink after a certain period of time with drug treatment, the doctor will try to reduce the prostate by using the surgical operation option this time.
What are Benign Prostate Enlargement Risk Factors?
Benign prostate enlargement is one of the problems that many men will encounter after aging. Well, in whom this disease is most common, what can be done to prevent it, What are Benign Prostate Enlargement Risk Factors, we can briefly explain as follows:
- advanced age
- Presence of prostate in family and relatives
- negative lifestyle
- Excessive consumption of alcohol, cigarettes and caffeine
- sedentary lifestyle
- high blood pressure disease
- having high cholesterol
- Low levels of good cholesterol
Benign Prostate Enlargement (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia) Complications
- inability to urinate
- Infection in the urinary tract
- Stone formation in the bladder and kidneys
- All kidney diseases
- Infection in the bladder
Does Benign Prostate Enlargement Cause Pain?
It is not clear whether Benign Prostate Enlargement Causes Pain. It is also not seen among the symptoms and complications. However, it has been observed that in some cases and in some patients, this situation causes pain.
Benign Prostate Enlargement Herbal Treatment
Every disease is individual. Each person may also be sensitive to certain drugs and herbs. Although Benign Prostate Enlargement Herbal Treatment is possible, it would not be correct to give a clear answer as it is not known how these drugs will affect whom. If you want to be treated with herbal methods, you should share it with your doctor and enter the herbal treatment process with his recommendation.
Benign Prostate Enlargement Treatment Prices in Turkey
Turkey is frequently mentioned with its studies and investments in the field of health. This situation took place in the world press and announced to citizens in all other countries how successful Turkey is in the field of health. After this known success, people who could not find treatment for their diseases in their own countries preferred to be treated in hospitals in Turkey with a superior success rate. There are other reasons among these choices. We can list these reasons for you as follows:
- The fact that the treatments performed in Turkey are concluded with superior success and the patients are sent to their homes in a healthy and satisfied way
- The diagnosis and treatment methods used are scientific and up-to-date
- Hospitals are large and fully equipped
- The fact that the doctors are experts in their field
- The fact that nurses are experts in their field
- All personnel, including the intermediary firm personnel who deal with the patient, are friendly and helpful
- After the treatment in Turkey, natural and historical beauties offer a holiday opportunity
- The needs such as treatment, eating, drinking, dressing, accommodation, vacation in Turkey are met at an affordable price, are the main reasons for preference
. But before coming to the country, the question of Benign Prostate Enlargement Treatment Prices in Turkey is on the minds of all foreign citizens. But it would not be right to give a clear answer on this subject here. Because the diagnosis and treatment methods to be used, the condition of the patient, the complications that occur, the treatment process, the extent of damage to the person by the disease will cause changes in the prices. For this reason, you can contact us by calling us for answering all the questions in your mind and for detailed price information. In addition, if you come to Turkey for the treatment of prostate enlargement through us, we can facilitate your visa application procedures with the invitation letter sent by us to the consulate.
Prof.Dr. Ergün Dağlıoğlu (Eğitim Görevlisi), Beyin Cerrahı, Beyin Ve Sinir Cerrahisi