What is Anaphylaxis, Symptoms and Treatment of Anaphylaxis in Turkey. Today, many people have allergies to certain foods or substances. These allergies can occur in the form of sneezing, coughing fits, rash, rash. However, some allergies are among the serious problems of people. One of them is anaphylaxis. What is Anaphylaxis and how it is treated, we can briefly summarize as follows.
- What is Anaphylaxis?
- What are the Symptoms of Anaphylaxis?
- What are the Causes of Anaphylaxis?
- How is Anaphylaxis Diagnosed?
- How Is Anaphylaxis Treated?
- How Does an Anaphylactic Reaction Develop?
- Anaphylaxis Adrenaline Injection
- What are the Drugs Used in Anaphylaxis?
- Anaphylaxis Treatment Prices in Turkey
What is Anaphylaxis?
People may have a certain allergy to bee stings or peanuts. These allergies can even become deadly. Allergies, in which people’s bodies react severely, can develop as anaphylaxis. Anaphylaxis is a severe reaction of a person’s body to certain foods. When the body shows an anaphylaxis reaction following situations such as taking the food that the person is allergic to or being stung by an animal, symptoms such as skin rash, low heart rate and shock may occur in the person. In such a case, the person needs urgent intervention. Because if not intervened early, it can even result in death.
After the person has an anaphylaxis reaction, immediate intervention with epinephrine is required. Epinephrine, also known as adrenaline, is an injection used in such allergic reactions. If the person has a previous diagnosis of allergies, doctors seriously recommend that the person carry these injections with him. Especially for anaphylaxis, which seriously affects the person by obstructing the airways, it is important for the patient to carry these injections with him as a precaution, and even to have an explanatory note.
What are the Symptoms of Anaphylaxis?
Anaphylaxis usually occurs within two minutes of ingestion of the substance to which the person is allergic. While this allergic reaction lasts for a few minutes, in some cases it can last up to 5-6 hours. In anaphylaxis, at least two organs or systems in the person’s body are affected. Symptoms differ according to the organ or system. Generally, the skin is affected the most, but if this effect is seen in organs or systems such as respiratory, heart and veins, the patient’s condition may result in death.
We can list the answer to the question of what are the symptoms of anaphylaxis as follows:
- After the substance to which the person is allergic enters the body, burning in the palms burning in the feet, burning and itching in the groin
- Swelling, burning and itching in the body
- Swelling in the eyes and lips of the person
- Enlargement of the person’s tongue and uvula
- The condition of accumulation of saliva in the mouth
- Itching, discharge and sneezing in the nose of the person
- Eye watering, stinging and itching
- deepening of the voice
- Difficulty in breathing
- Coughing and wheezing
- Abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting
- Diarrhea condition
- Headache and dizziness
- Palpitation feeling in the person
- The person’s blood pressure drop and fainting state
- Incontinence of urine and large stools
Such symptoms may occur. It is very important to take the person to the nearest health institution quickly in case of symptoms such as these.
What are the Causes of Anaphylaxis?
Anaphylaxis usually occurs when the person encounters the stimulus to which they are allergic. If we briefly explain what are the causes of anaphylaxis, we can list it for you as follows:
- Foods that the person is allergic to
- Drugs that the person is allergic to
- Being bitten or stung by insects
- Factors whose cause is unknown by the person or the doctors may be among the causes of anaphylaxis
How is Anaphylaxis Diagnosed?
If anaphylaxis develops in an adult or a child, it is very important to take him to a doctor’s control quickly. In order to find out what causes the allergy, the doctor must first ask a number of questions.
After these questions, How to Diagnose Anaphylaxis, if it is necessary to explain, is determined as a result of tests on the skin or as a result of blood tests taken from the person. For this, it is very important for the person to meet with a doctor who is an expert and experienced in his field.
How Is Anaphylaxis Treated?
We can list the question of how to treat anaphylaxis as follows. When you or someone around you has an anaphylaxis reaction, you should first stay calm and go to the nearest health facility. The first aim of the doctors here will be to return the vital activities of the person, such as breathing, to normal. After that, the first treatment method of anaphylaxis is epinephrine injection. This needle can also act at once, and the doctor can give this medicine to the patient again at intervals of a few hours. In order for the drug to act quickly, it must be shot intramuscularly. The dose of adrenaline, which is given to adults as a dose, is adjusted according to their weight in children.
How Does an Anaphylactic Reaction Develop?
The question of How Anaphylactic Reaction Develops can be answered as follows. It occurs after anything the person is allergic to has entered the body by touching, swallowing, inhaling, or by injection. This reaction usually occurs within a few minutes. It takes a few minutes and passes, or this reaction can last up to 5-6 hours.
When the body detects the substance that causes allergies by entering the person’s body, it immediately starts to fight it, and this war causes various symptoms in the body. When these symptoms occur, if there is a pre-diagnosed condition, the person should immediately apply the epinephrine he carries with him. If there is no injection or if it has not been diagnosed yet, you should go to the nearest health institution immediately.
Anaphylaxis Adrenaline Injection
Anaphylaxis is a serious type of reaction that can even kill a person. When this reaction occurs, the person and those around them should remain calm and act wisely. It is necessary to go to the nearest health institution quickly and intervene before the situation worsens.
In some cases, an injection has been recommended to be kept by the doctor, especially if the person has a diagnosed anaphylaxis reaction. This injection is the Anaphylaxis Adrenaline Injection. If this epinephrine injection is used correctly, it will heal the person quickly and save his life. This needle is an important medicine that the person and their relatives should have with them just in case.
This needle should be applied when the person starts to show an anaphylaxis reaction when they come into contact with allergic factors. This practice can help keep the person alive until they get to the hospital. The use of the drug is briefly as follows. But before using it, it is useful to consult your doctor.
- The adrenaline needle is taken out of its box and the lid part is opened.
- The trigger mechanism is rotated in the direction of the arrow on it.
- There is no need to remove the patient’s clothes.
- It is dipped towards the upper and lateral part of the leg, the trigger is pressed and waited for ten seconds.
- The patient should not stand up. The feet of the patient in the supine position should be elevated.
- After this process, emergency service should be called and help should be requested.
- Most importantly, everyone diagnosed with anaphylaxis should carry this needle with them, the closest people such as friends, teachers, and bosses should be informed, and an instruction for use and a small note should be placed next to the needle in the bag.
What are the Drugs Used in Anaphylaxis?
If we need to briefly answer the question of what are the drugs used in anaphylaxis, the most commonly used drug is epinephrine, namely adrenaline. This medicine should be with every patient diagnosed with anaphylaxis.
Anaphylaxis Treatment Prices in Turkey
Turkey has found treatment for many diseases with its therapeutic researches and studies After these discoveries, treatments that gave hope to patients spread to the world. Turkey, which is heard by many foreign citizens, is preferred in the first place for treatment.
The reasons such as the presence of important and advanced devices in hospitals and the fact that all hospitals are equipped with these devices, the fact that doctors and nurses are experts in their fields, that everyone who deals with the patient is friendly and helpful, and the appropriateness of treatment costs clearly reveal the reasons for these preferences.
It would not be very healthy to give clear information about Anaphylaxis Treatment Prices in Turkey, which is wondered by everyone. Because many factors such as the person’s disease status, treatment methods, treatment process directly affect these prices. For this reason, you can have a clear information about the price by calling us first. You can get answers to all your questions by calling us. If you come to Turkey for treatment through us, we can facilitate your visa procedures with the invitation letter we send to the consulate.
Prof.Dr. Ergün Dağlıoğlu (Eğitim Görevlisi), Beyin Cerrahı, Beyin Ve Sinir Cerrahisi