Retinitis Pigmentosa is an eye problem. The response of the eyes to the light beam changes and it becomes difficult for the patient to see the light. People suffering from Retinitis Pigmentosa may gradually lose their sight. But at the end of this disease, they do not go completely blind.
- What is Retinitis Pigmentosa ?
- What Causes Retinitis Pigmentosa?
- What are the Symptoms of Retinitis Pigmentosa?
- How is Retinitis Pigmentosa Diagnosed?
- Is Retinitis Pigmentosa Transmitted to Children?
- What Is Good For Retinitis Pigmentosa Disease?
- Has a cure been found for Retinitis Pigmentosa?
- Genetic Testing for Retinitis Pigmentosa Cost in Turkey
- Retinitis Pigmentosa Treatment Prices in Turkey
What is Retinitis Pigmentosa ?
It is an eye disease that occurs when the retina of the eye is damaged and affects the ability to see. Although this disease is hereditary, it is passed from mother and father to child.
What Causes Retinitis Pigmentosa?
Although the causes of this disease are not clearly known, it is known that it is hereditary. This disease, which is passed from mother or father to child, is passed from gene to gene.
Although there is no clear cure for this disease, the treatments to be done are only aimed at increasing the patient’s quality of life.
What are the Symptoms of Retinitis Pigmentosa?
As with any disease, there are clear symptoms in this disease. We can list the symptoms of this disease, as follows:
- One of the first symptoms that occur in people is loss of vision at night. While this vision progresses in its normal course during the day, the patient cannot see anything at night. Visibility decreases in movie theaters and similar dark and dim environments. It is extremely dangerous for these people to drive at night.
- Another symptom is the loss of side vision. Also known as tunnel vision. Generally, the lower and lateral parts are not seen. For this reason, it is inevitable to hit objects on the ground or on the sides.
- In some states, the patient does not perform the central vision function that he does in situations such as sewing or reading a book.
- According to the statements of some patients; People have trouble seeing colors.
If you have one or more of the symptoms listed above, you should definitely go to a specialist doctor. If you are experiencing these symptoms, you can contact us for an appointment and information.
How is Retinitis Pigmentosa Diagnosed?
The diagnosis of this disease is made by doctors who are experts in the field. A field test should be performed to diagnose whether the person has contracted Retinitis Pigmentosa. With this test applied by the doctor, the doctor controls the pigment cells in the eye of the person.
In this disease, as in other diseases, early diagnosis is very important. Research for the treatment of this disease, which has no definite cure, continues at full speed today. Every treatment to be applied is done to make the life of the patient easier.
For this reason, the person should definitely have eye checks, and in case of a negative situation, he should start the treatment process in communication with his doctor.
Is Retinitis Pigmentosa Transmitted to Children?
Retinitis Pigmentosa disease is one of the diseases that negatively affect a person’s life. Seeing is one of the most important aspects of our daily life. Since we do almost everything by seeing, visual impairment affects the person deeply and complicates his life.
The most important reason for the emergence of this disease is that it is hereditary. In this hereditary disease, if the mother or father has it, the Retinitis Pigmentosa disease is passed on to the child.
What Is Good For Retinitis Pigmentosa Disease?
There is no specific cause and treatment for Retinitis Pigmentosa disease. For this reason, it is possible to intervene with many external factors in order to prevent its occurrence and slow down its course.
In order to reduce the risk of developing this disease, it is necessary to eat foods rich in Vitamin A, which benefits the eyes. These vitamins are abundant in the following foods.
- Sweet potato
- Foods such as mango contain plenty of vitamin A. There is also a lot of vitamin A in green leafy foods. These are:
- Spinach and kale.
- In addition, there are plenty of Vitamin A in milk and eggs.
Has a cure been found for Retinitis Pigmentosa?
With today’s technology, unfortunately, there is no cure for chicken black disease. Research for treatment continues.
Genetic Testing for Retinitis Pigmentosa Cost in Turkey
Retinitis pigmentosa (RP) is a genetic disorder that affects the retina, leading to progressive vision loss. Genetic testing plays a crucial role in diagnosing RP and identifying the specific gene mutations responsible for the disease. In Turkey, the cost of genetic testing for retinitis pigmentosa can vary depending on various factors.
Prices may vary according to the hospital, so it would not be correct to say an exact price. The price may be influenced by the type of genetic testing performed, such as targeted gene sequencing or whole exome sequencing. Additionally, the cost can also be affected by the laboratory conducting the test and the level of expertise required.
It is important to note that genetic testing for RP is not typically covered by health insurance in Turkey. Therefore, individuals seeking testing may need to bear the cost themselves. However, some specialized clinics and research institutions may offer reduced prices or financial assistance programs to make genetic testing more accessible.
If you suspect you or a loved one may have retinitis pigmentosa, it is advisable to consult with a genetic counselor or an ophthalmologist who can guide you regarding the most appropriate testing options and associated costs.
Retinitis Pigmentosa Treatment Prices in Turkey
Although there is no specific treatment for chicken pox disease, treatments for slowing its course and minimizing its effects are carried out in Turkey.
Especially in this treatment process carried out with fully equipped hospitals and specialist doctors, doctors in Turkey and Turkey are preferred by foreigners.
Expert, experienced, talented and friendly doctors approach their patients with compassion and answer the questions in their minds clearly, comprehensibly and as soon as possible. For these reasons, considering affordable treatment options, Turkey is preferred for the treatment process.
If you want to have information about chicken black disease and talk about prices, you can contact us.
Prof.Dr. Ergün Dağlıoğlu (Eğitim Görevlisi), Beyin Cerrahı, Beyin Ve Sinir Cerrahisi