Methamphetamine (Meth) Addiction Treatment
- Methamphetamine (Meth) Addiction Treatment
- What is Methamphetamine (Meth)?
- What are the Symptoms of Methamphetamine Crystal Addiction?
- How to know Who Uses Crystal Meth?
- How Is Crystal Methamphetamine Addiction Treated in Turkey?
- How Does Crystal (Methhamphetamine) Work?
- What is done in the treatment of crystal (methamphetamine) addiction?
- How Many Years Can Those Who Use Crystal (Methamphetamine) Live?
- How to Treat Those Who Use Crystal (Methamphetamine)?
Methamphetamine is a type of stimulant drug that directly affects the Central Nervous System (CNS), which is the largest part of the nervous system in the human body.
What is Methamphetamine (Meth)?
This substance is commercially available in pill or powder form. It has a highly stimulating effect. Methamphetamine is also known as crystal, ice, meth, ice. It is one of the most used substances in recent times. It is the most harmful, dangerous and addictive substance. It has no color or odor.
What are the Symptoms of Methamphetamine Crystal Addiction?
Methamphetamine, which has become widespread in the world and is among the most dangerous substances, is taken into the body in small amounts at first. After their effects on the central nervous system, the proteins in the cell wall that function as algae begin to decrease. As a result of this decrease, the body needs more substance to catch the previous stimulating effect and thus addiction occurs.
In cases where the person does not use the substance, the body gradually expels it from the body and a condition called withdrawal begins to occur. While experiencing withdrawal, visible symptoms that occur in the addicted person begin to manifest themselves. The water symptoms are as follows:
- Usually psychological symptoms such as anxiety, a certain state of restlessness, depression that occurs when the substance is not used
- Redness, tearing or irritation of the eyes
- The indifferent attitude of the person towards his environment
- Excessive sleepiness or intense insomnia
- Feeling sluggish and tired
- Asocial life, alienation from people, reluctance to work
- Decreased sexual desire
- Loss of appetite or increased appetite
- Situations such as paranoia are among the symptoms of the use of this substance
How to know Who Uses Crystal Meth?
People who use methamphetamine undergo a change that can be noticed at first glance. Because of this change, the person is definitely noticed. Sudden and clearly changes noticeable in the person such as:
- Symptoms of distraction
- Dry mouth symptoms
- Vomiting symptoms
- Sudden flaking of the skin or signs of sudden weight loss
- Toothache symptoms
- Bad breath symptoms
- Blood pressure and sweating symptoms
- Heart disease symptoms
- Appetite problems
- Digestive system problems
- Extreme anxiety disorder
- Excessive sleepiness or signs of insomnia
- Dreaming symptoms
- Sudden mood swings such as anger or aggressive behaviors
How Is Crystal Methamphetamine Addiction Treated in Turkey?
Turkey is among the countries that are scientifically and technologically advanced in the field of health. It is in a more successful position compared to many European countries, especially with the technology used and the doctors who are experts in their fields. For this reason, a very large proportion of treatments in Turkey result in success.
In crystal, that is, methamphetamine addiction, before starting the treatment, the patient must definitely want the treatment and be supported by the environment. This support is the most important step in the steps taken for the patient to get rid of addiction.
In the beginning, the withdrawal of the stimulant substance from the body causes the symptoms we have mentioned above, which occur due to withdrawal. This stage should be carefully considered, and if necessary, medication should be taken with the advice of the doctor. In this process, psychological help should not be neglected for the worn out psychology and mood.
In the addiction process, the addict himself should not try to overcome the addiction alone, but should definitely get physical and psychological help from his relatives and friends.
How Does Crystal (Methhamphetamine) Work?
Known as the most harmful drug produced in the world, methamphetamine, that is, crystal with its popular name, It leaves irreversible effects on the person from the moment it is taken into the body.
From the moment the substance is first taken into the body; excessive alertness and motivation. Error causes enthusiasm, which is an emotional state in which the person is overly pleased and feels very good, and euphoria in medical language.
As the substance spreads throughout the body, a sudden rise in blood pressure and body temperature occurs, and pupils dilate. In some cases, symptoms such as nausea, vomiting and diarrhea can be seen in this state of affairs.
In the use of this substance for a long time, It causes a disorder known as anhedonia in the medical field, where many problems such as depression, addiction, psychological deterioration and personality disorder occur at once. Anhedonia treatment is a difficult treatment that takes a lot of time. In this treatment, the happiness hormones in the body need to be reactivated.
When substance use is continued, the person begins to dream. These dreams can be in different forms, both visually and audibly. In advanced levels, this addiction results in death.
What is done in the treatment of crystal (methamphetamine) addiction?
Methamphetamine is a very dangerous and highly addictive drug. Family and close circle support is extremely important in the steps taken to end addiction.
When starting treatment, it should be remembered that this process will be long and tiring. For an effective treatment process, the treatment should last at least 6 months to 1 year. Once the drug cessation process is progressed, the person looks extremely good when not using the drug. But if he starts to use it again, the whole process starts to go back to the beginning and becomes inextricable.
Psychological assistance is also very important in this process. It is beneficial to receive many therapies such as cognitive behavioral, family, group therapy. If we list the healing process:
- Purification Treatment
- It is aimed to eliminate drug addiction by getting help such as psychological treatment
How Many Years Can Those Who Use Crystal (Methamphetamine) Live?
According to researches, methamphetamine use is increasing rapidly in Turkey and in the world. This increase has reached alarming numbers today.
This synthetic substance, which directly affects the central nervous system of the person, causes damage to the body and shortens the life of the person using the substance.
Use of this substance, It causes serious damage to the person’s body and results in death within an average of 5 years.
How to Treat Those Who Use Crystal (Methamphetamine)?
Individuals under the influence of methamphetamine can be extremely dangerous. Firstly , be careful.
- In this case, communication is very important. You must make sure that you understand him.
- You must not be accusatory. Being accused may cause the person to turn to that substance again.
- Forgive him, but gently let him know that you don’t approve of this situation.
- Avoid counseling colloquialism.
- If the treatment process is to be started, be in cooperation with the person. Do not leave him alone in this process.
- Be patient during the treatment process.
Prof.Dr. Ergün Dağlıoğlu (Eğitim Görevlisi), Beyin Cerrahı, Beyin Ve Sinir Cerrahisi