Cancer is one of the leading causes of death worldwide, and early detection and the selection of the right treatment methods can significantly increase the life expectancy and quality of life of patients. At this point, the development of medical technology plays an important role in cancer diagnosis and treatment. Studies and technologies developed in the field of nuclear medicine are an important aid in the fight against cancer. Pet CT Discovery IQ is a revolutionary technology used in nuclear medicine that contributes to cancer diagnosis and treatment. In this article we have written for you, we will try to answer all the curious questions.
What Is Pet CT Discovery IQ?
Pet CT Discovery IQ is a high-precision imaging system that combines Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and Computed Tomography (CT) technologies. Developed by GE Healthcare, it is a medical device used in the detection, staging and treatment of cancer cells. Pet CT Discovery IQ contributes to earlier and more accurate diagnosis of the disease, monitoring the treatment process and improving the quality of life of patients.
What Are The Application Areas Of Pet CT Discovery IQ?
In addition to being a technology used in cancer diagnosis and treatment, Pet CT Discovery IQ can also be applied in the diagnosis and follow-up of other diseases. Application areas are as follows;
- Pet CT Discovery IQ helps detect tumors and metastases at an early stage. In this way, more accurate information about the stage and spread of the disease is obtained and the treatment process is planned accordingly.
- Pet CT Discovery IQ is used during the treatment process to assess the patient’s condition and the effectiveness of the treatment. In this way, changes made during the treatment process and the success of the methods applied can be measured.
- Pet CT Discovery IQ can also be used in the diagnosis and follow-up of neurological diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. This way, the progression of the disease and changes in the treatment process can be monitored.
- Pet CT Discovery IQ can also be used in the diagnosis and follow-up of cardiovascular diseases. In this way, it is possible to better evaluate the course of the disease and the treatment process.
What Are The Distinguishing Features of Pet CT Discovery IQ?
Pet CT Discovery IQ has different features from other imaging systems used in cancer diagnosis and treatment. These features are as follows;
- High sensitivity,
- Fast and comfortable scanning,
- Low radiation dose,
- Automated treatment planning,
How is Pet CT Discovery IQ Procedure Performed?
Pet CT Discovery IQ is an advanced diagnostic method that combines positron emission tomography (PET) and computed tomography (CT) technologies, an important development in medical imaging technology. With this method, more accurate and faster decisions can be made in the early diagnosis of diseases and the management of treatment processes. It is especially important in the diagnosis of cancer, neurological and cardiovascular diseases. So, how is this process done? The step-by-step Pet CT Discovery IQ process is as follows;
Before starting the Pet CT Discovery IQ procedure, the patient must be properly prepared. It is recommended that the patient fast for 6 hours and drink plenty of water before the procedure. In addition, the patient should not wear any metal accessories or objects.
Injection Of Radioactive Material:
Before the procedure begins, the patient is injected with a radioactive substance. This substance is usually fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG), which is a high-energy positron emitter in the body, usually bound to the glucose molecule. FDG is similar to glucose, the energy source of cells, and is especially rapidly absorbed by rapidly dividing cells such as cancer cells.
After the radioactive material is injected, the patient has to wait for about 45-60 minutes. During this time, the FDG is allowed to diffuse into cells throughout the body and show metabolic activity.
PET and CT Scans:
After the waiting period, the patient will undergo PET and CT scans. First, a CT scan is performed to obtain detailed information about the anatomical structures. Then, the PET scan measures the metabolic activity of the cells and the intensity of the radioactive material.
Combining And Analyzing The Images:
After the PET and CT scans are completed, the images are combined to create a three-dimensional image. This image is analyzed by doctors and provides the information needed to diagnose and treat diseases.
Evaluation And Reporting Of Results:
Finally, the images and findings are evaluated and reported by a specialized radiologist. This report is sent to the patient’s doctor and the necessary decisions are taken to diagnose and treat the disease.
In conclusion, the Pet CT Discovery IQ procedure is an advanced diagnostic method that is of great importance in the early diagnosis of diseases and the management of treatment processes. Thanks to this method, patients’ quality of life can be improved and significant improvements in the course of diseases can be achieved.
Pet CT Discovery IQ Treatment Prices in Turkey
Turkey has managed to announce its name to the world with its investments and studies in the field of health. Especially the latest technological devices used in diagnosis and treatment procedures have been a beacon of hope for many diseases. However, there has been an increase in health tourism in Türkiye.
- Hospitals are large, clean, spacious and fully equipped in terms of technological equipment.
- Turkish doctors are specialized, successful, and skilled in their fields.
- Nurses and carers are friendly and compassionate.
- Finding answers to the questions asked quickly and accurately.
- Patience and understanding of all staff, including the intermediary company dealing with the patient.
- Turkey offers holiday opportunities with its natural and historical beauties.
- Easy transportation.
- Diagnosis, treatment, accommodation, eating, drinking, dressing, and holiday needs can be met at affordable prices.
Such situations are shown among the reasons for preference. We can see that patients and their relatives who want to come to Turkey are doing research on Pet CT Discovery IQ Treatment Prices in Turkey. However, it would not be right to give clear price information at this stage. Many factors such as the type of disease, stage, diagnosis process, treatment process, and stay in Türkiye affect the price issue. If you want to get more detailed price information, you can contact us. In addition, if you come to Turkey for treatment through us, we can facilitate your visa application process with the invitation letter sent by us to the consulate.
Prof.Dr. Ergün Dağlıoğlu (Eğitim Görevlisi), Beyin Cerrahı, Beyin Ve Sinir Cerrahisi