- What are the Causes of Gynecomastia?
- Who is at Risk of Gynecomastia?
- What are the Symptoms of Gynecomastia?
- How Is Gynecomastia Diagnosed?
- What are the Treatment Options for Gynecomastia?
- How is Gynecomastia Surgery Performed?
- After Gynecomastia Surgery
- What is Gynecomastia Corset?
- Prices of Gynecomastia Surgery in Turkey
Gynecomastia is an abnormal breast size that occurs in men, has a benign course, and occurs due to the imbalance of estrogen and testosterone hormones secreted in the body. This growth can be seen in infancy as well as in old age. The most common manifestation of this disease is during adolescence. It is usually seen in 1 in 3 men.
Although gynecomastia is not a serious health problem, it is an important condition that affects men psychologically. This size has been observed to be painful in some cases. The treatment of this situation, which embarrasses the person in society, is in two ways. The problem is eliminated with either drug treatment or surgical intervention. In some cases, gynecomastia may heal on its own.
What are the Causes of Gynecomastia?
The most common cause of gynecomastia is the irregular and unbalanced secretion of estrogen and testosterone hormones secreted in the body. In other words, if the level of estrogen hormone secreted in the male body exceeds the level of testosterone hormone, breast enlargement occurs.
However, the reason for the large breast discomfort that the person has may be other things. These
- Natural hormonal changes
- Drugs that trigger gynecomastia
- Drugs and alcohol used by the person
- a number of health problems
- It can be herbal-based products
Who is at Risk of Gynecomastia?
Although gynecomastia is a disorder caused by an imbalance of hormones, many groups are at risk. Persons at risk are:
- adolescent boys
- The group of seniors over middle age
- People who use substances such as anabolic and androgen
- Those with liver disease
- those with kidney disease
- those who are sick from their thyroid and those who have Klinefelter’s syndrome
What are the Symptoms of Gynecomastia?
Observed in the breasts of male individuals:
- Unusual swelling of the breasts
- pain in the breasts
- Signs of tenderness in the breasts
- Fluid coming from both nipples or one breast can be a sign of gynecomastia
To clarify this situation, a consultation with a specialist doctor may be provided.
How Is Gynecomastia Diagnosed?
Physical examination method is very important in gynecomastia. A walnut-sized mass at the back of the nipple of a male individual can be felt with the hand. It is very important to confirm this physical examination with the help of USG.
What are the Treatment Options for Gynecomastia?
Gynecomastia is a type of disease that occurs especially during adolescence and causes male individuals to be affected psychologically negatively.
After the diagnosis of this disease, there are two forms of treatment to be done. These treatments vary from person to person and according to the stage of the disease. If gynecomastia is expected to go away on its own after being diagnosed early, if it does not go away, drug treatment is started.
If gynecomastia is more advanced and negatively affects the patient’s life, surgery with small incisions will be the solution to this disease.
How is Gynecomastia Surgery Performed?
As in any surgical operation, a doctor’s examination is very important in this surgical operation. First of all, the patient’s past health history is investigated and the necessary tests and examinations are carried out to determine whether the patient is suitable for surgery.
Although there is more than one type of gynecomastia, this operation varies according to the type of gynecomastia. If we need to explain them briefly:
- In the glandular type gynecomastia type, the hard breast tissue in the person is quite high. This hard tissue needs to be surgically removed.
- In mixed type gynecomastia, the ratio of hard tissue and adipose tissue, which is called glandular, is high. The hard tissue is surgically removed and liposuction is applied to the fatty tissue.
- Finally, in fatty type gynecomastia, the excess tissue is adipose tissue and only liposuction is performed.
After Gynecomastia Surgery
Gynecomastia is treated under the influence of general or local anesthesia. If there is no other situation, the person is sent home on the same day. However, it is preferred to stay in the hospital for one day in surgeries performed under general anesthesia.
After the operation, symptoms such as pain, swelling and edema may be seen in the treated area. These are normal. Pain is tried to be kept under control by taking painkillers with the approval of the doctor. After the operation, the person should rest for 3 days as much as possible. At the end of the 3rd day after the operation, it is possible to take a bath, take small walks or return to work, provided that it is kept short .
What is Gynecomastia Corset?
It is a medical corset that is started to be used immediately after the surgery with the recommendation of the doctor and should be used for an average of 6 weeks. Continuous use of this corset is very important for the post-operative period. This period is determined by the doctor and it is necessary to be in contact with the patient.
Prices of Gynecomastia Surgery in Turkey
Gynecomastia is a type of disease that destroys human psychology. The treatment of this disease is possible in Turkey. Turkey, which keeps up with the developing and changing technological age, provides the necessary changes and developments in the field of health.
The positive aspects such as friendly hospital and hospital staff, specialized and skilled surgeons, affordable price guarantee, recovery rate of the disease, and the possibility of a vacation in Turkey are among the reasons why Turkey is preferred.
If you would like to learn about gynecomastia and have a discussion about the price, you can contact us.
Prof.Dr. Ergün Dağlıoğlu (Eğitim Görevlisi), Beyin Cerrahı, Beyin Ve Sinir Cerrahisi