Wrist angiography (radial angiography) is a minimally invasive method used in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular diseases. This method, which offers less risk of complications and faster recovery time compared to traditional angiography methods, has started to be preferred by patients and doctors. Wrist angiography is performed through the artery in the wrist area called the radial artery and is a procedure that positively affects the quality of life of patients. In this article we have prepared for you, we will try to answer the questions about Wrist Angiography (Radial Angiography).
What is Wrist Angiography?
Wrist angiography is a method used in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular diseases. In this method, the radial artery in the wrist area is used. Radial angiography, which offers less risk of complications and faster recovery time compared to traditional angiography methods, is a procedure that positively affects the quality of life of patients. Radial angiography is a method used especially in the treatment of patients with heart attacks.
How is wrist angiography performed?
During the wrist angiography procedure, the patient is not put to sleep, but the area to be treated with local anesthesia is numbed. The doctor inserts a thin tube (catheter) into the radial artery in the wrist. Through this catheter, contrast material is injected into the veins. In this way, X-ray images of the veins can be taken and narrowing, blockage or abnormal structures in the veins can be diagnosed.
If narrowing or blockage is detected, the doctor can perform treatment during the same procedure. This treatment usually includes balloon angioplasty and stent placement. After the procedure is completed, the catheter is removed and pressure is applied to the treated area to stop bleeding.
Wrist Angioplasty Recovery Time
Wrist angiography offers a faster recovery time than conventional angiography methods. After the procedure, patients are usually discharged on the same day and can return to their normal activities. Mild pain and bruising in the treated area are normal and should subside within a few days. By following the medications and care instructions recommended by the doctor, the recovery process of the patients will be faster and smoother.
For whom is wrist angiography (radial angiography) suitable?
Wrist angiography, medically known as radial angiography, is a minimally invasive method used to visualize and treat heart vessels. This method causes fewer complications than conventional angiography and allows patients to recover faster. Radial angiography is especially preferred in the following cases:
- Patients who have had or are at risk of having a heart attack: Radial angiography provides fast and safe removal of the vascular blockage in patients diagnosed or suspected of having a heart attack.
- Patients with coronary artery disease: For patients with narrowing or blockage of the heart vessels, wrist angiography is suitable for opening the vessels and placing stents.
- Other conditions requiring cardiac catheterization: Radial angiography can also be used in valvular heart disease, heart failure, and congenital heart defects.
- Patients who have previously undergone angiography: For patients requiring repeat angioplasty procedures, wrist angiography offers a lower risk of complications.
- Elderly and diabetic patients: These patients have a higher risk of complications than with femoral angiography. Therefore, radial angiography is a more suitable option for these patients.
However, radial angiography may not be performed in all patients. In some cases, femoral angiography may be preferred due to the anatomy of the wrist vessels or the general health of the patient. The doctor will choose the most appropriate method by evaluating the patient’s condition.
After Wrist Angiography
Most patients can return to their normal lives in a short time after the wrist angioplasty procedure. Some points to be considered after the procedure are as follows:
- You may be kept under observation in the hospital for a few hours after the procedure. During this time, you will be monitored for the risk of bleeding or complications.
- There may be mild pain and bruising in the angioplasty area. This will heal within a few days.
- You should not lift heavy objects, avoid sudden movements and take a bath for 24 hours after the procedure.
- You should use the medicines recommended by your doctor regularly and not interrupt your controls.
- You can return to normal activities within a few days after the procedure. However, you should get your doctor’s approval for heavier exercises and sports.
Advantages of Wrist Angiography
Wrist angiography has many advantages:
- Reduced risk of hemorrhage: Radial angiography carries less risk of bleeding and hematoma than femoral angiography.
- Faster recovery: Most patients recover faster after the procedure and can return to their normal lives.
- Less pain: Patients who undergo wrist angioplasty experience less pain and discomfort after the procedure.
- Shorter hospital stay: Patients usually require a shorter hospital stay after radial angioplasty.
- Fewer complications: Wrist angioplasty carries a lower risk of complications and side effects than femoral angioplasty.
In conclusion, wrist angiography is a safe and effective method in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular diseases. This method, which improves the quality of life of patients, is being used more and more widely because it is minimally invasive and offers less risk of complications.
Wrist Angiography Treatment Prices in Türkiye
Türkiyehas managed to announce its name to the world with its investments and studies in the field of health. Especially the latest technological devices used in diagnosis and treatment procedures have been a beacon of hope for many diseases. However, there has been an increase in health tourism in Türkiye.
- Hospitals are large, clean, spacious and fully equipped in terms of technological equipment.
- Turkish doctors are specialized, successful, and skilled in their fields.
- Nurses and carers are friendly and compassionate.
- Finding answers to the questions asked quickly and accurately.
- Patience and understanding of all staff, including the intermediary company dealing with the patient.
- Turkey offers holiday opportunities with its natural and historical beauties.
- Easy transportation.
- Diagnosis, treatment, accommodation, eating, drinking, dressing, and holiday needs can be met at affordable prices.
Such situations are shown among the reasons for preference. We can see that patients and relatives of patients who want to come to Türkiyeare doing research on the prices of wrist angioplasty treatment in Türkiye. However, it would not be right to give clear price information at this stage. Many factors such as the type of disease, stage, diagnosis process, treatment process, and stay in Türkiye affect the price issue. If you want to get more detailed price information, you can contact us. In addition, if you come to Turkey for treatment through us, we can facilitate your visa application process with the invitation letter sent by us to the consulate.
Prof.Dr. Ergün Dağlıoğlu (Eğitim Görevlisi), Beyin Cerrahı, Beyin Ve Sinir Cerrahisi