Impotence is a sexual problem experienced by many men today and accurate information and treatment methods are needed to overcome this problem. Impotence is a condition that negatively affects men’s sexual lives and reduces their quality of life. In this article we have written and prepared for you, we will try to find answers to the questions of What is Impotence and How is the Treatment ?
What is Impotence?
Impotence, in medical terms erectile dysfunction, is the inability of men to achieve or maintain an erection at a sufficient level for sexual intercourse. This leads to an inability to perform adequately to initiate and maintain sexual intercourse. Impotence can be experienced continuously or intermittently and is usually more common with age.
What Are The Symptoms Of Impotence?
Symptoms of impotence include;
- Decreased sexual desire
- Inability to achieve or maintain an erection,
- Experiencing pain during erection,
- Premature ejaculation during sexual intercourse,
- Feeling unsatisfied after sexual intercourse,
If one or more of these symptoms are experienced continuously, impotence may be suspected and a specialist should be consulted.
What are the Causes of Impotence?
The causes of impotence can be physical, psychological, or lifestyle related. Some of the causes that can lead to impotence can be listed as follows;
- Cardiovascular diseases,
- Diabetes (diabetes),
- Hypertension (high blood pressure),
- Hormonal imbalances,
- Neurological diseases,
- Trauma or surgery in the pelvic area
- Psychological problems (stress, anxiety, depression),
- Medication use (antidepressants, blood pressure medications, etc.),
- Alcohol and smoking,
- Overweight and obese,
It is important for men with impotence to consult a specialist and undergo the necessary examinations considering these reasons. With appropriate treatment methods, the problem of impotence can be solved and men can continue their sexual life in a healthy way.
How is Impotence Diagnosed?
Impotence is the inability of men to achieve or maintain the level of erection necessary for sexual intercourse. This condition is diagnosed through a detailed medical examination and an assessment of the patient’s lifestyle, psychological state and past health problems.
The assessments for the diagnosis of impotence are as follows:
- The doctor tries to get to the root of the problem by asking questions about the patient’s sex life and general health. At this stage, issues such as the patient’s past sexual problems, current sexual relationships, sexual desire and level of erection are discussed.
- The doctor performs a physical examination to assess the patient’s general health and to identify possible causes of impotence. During this examination, areas that may affect the function of the sexual organs, such as the penis, testicles and nervous system, are examined.
- Blood and urine tests can reveal causes of impotence by measuring hormone levels, blood sugar levels and cholesterol levels. These tests also evaluate kidney and liver function.
- Impotence can be caused by psychological factors such as stress, depression and anxiety. Therefore, the patient’s psychological state is also assessed.
- Ultrasound and radiographic imaging tests can be used to assess blood flow and vascular structures in the penis.
How Is Impotence Treated?
The treatment of impotence varies depending on the underlying causes and the patient’s general state of health. We have listed some of the methods used for the treatment of impotence for you below.
- Drug treatment
- Hormone therapy,
- Psychological treatment,
- Devices and surgical interventions,
What Is The Prevalence Of Impotence In The Population?
Impotence is a common problem worldwide and its incidence increases with age. Approximately 40% of men over the age of 40 experience impotence, while this rate increases to 70% in men over the age of 70.
In addition to age, impotence rates vary depending on factors such as geography, culture, and lifestyle. In particular, factors such as obesity, smoking, alcohol consumption, stress and a sedentary lifestyle increase the risk of impotence. Therefore, the risk of impotence can be reduced by adopting a healthy lifestyle and having regular health checks.
Impotence Treatment Prices in Turkey
Turkey has managed to announce its name to the world with its investments and studies in the field of health. Especially the latest technological devices used in diagnosis and treatment procedures have been a beacon of hope for many diseases. However, there has been an increase in health tourism in Türkiye.
- Hospitals are large, clean, spacious and fully equipped in terms of technological equipment.
- Turkish doctors are specialized, successful, and skilled in their fields.
- Nurses and carers are friendly and compassionate.
- Finding answers to the questions asked quickly and accurately.
- Patience and understanding of all staff, including the intermediary company dealing with the patient.
- Turkey offers holiday opportunities with its natural and historical beauties.
- Easy transportation.
- Diagnosis, treatment, accommodation, eating, drinking, dressing, and holiday needs can be met at affordable prices.
Such situations are shown among the reasons for preference. We can see that patients and relatives of patients who want to come to Turkey are doing research on impotence treatment prices in Turkey. However, it would not be right to give clear price information at this stage. Many factors such as the type of disease, stage, diagnosis process, treatment process, and stay in Türkiye affect the price issue. If you want to get more detailed price information, you can contact us. In addition, if you come to Turkey for treatment through us, we can facilitate your visa application process with the invitation letter sent by us to the consulate.
Prof.Dr. Ergün Dağlıoğlu (Eğitim Görevlisi), Beyin Cerrahı, Beyin Ve Sinir Cerrahisi