Erectile dysfunction is a sexual health problem that many men experience today and negatively affects their quality of life. This condition occurs when men cannot achieve and maintain a sufficient erection to have sexual intercourse. Erectile dysfunction can occur for physical and psychological reasons and can also be a symptom of various diseases. In this article, which we have researched and written for you, we will examine what erectile dysfunction is, its causes, and which diseases can cause this problem.
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction, also known as erectile dysfunction, can be defined as the difficulty men have in achieving and maintaining the erection required for sexual intercourse. This condition refers to more than occasional erectile dysfunction and is considered a continuous problem. Erectile dysfunction is common among sexual health problems experienced by men and is more common with age.
What are the Causes of Erectile Dysfunction?
The causes of erectile dysfunction include both physical and psychological factors. Physical causes include the following:
- Vascular diseases affecting blood circulation can lead to insufficient blood flow to the penis area and erection problems.
- Diseases affecting the nervous system can prevent the transmission of impulses required for erection.
- Hormonal imbalances such as testosterone deficiency can cause erectile dysfunction.
- Some medications may have side effects that can lead to erectile dysfunction.
Psychological reasons are as follows:
- Depression and anxiety
- Relationship problems
Diseases Causing Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction can also occur as a symptom of some diseases. These diseases include:
- Diabetes mellitus,
- Cardiovascular diseases,
- Prostate diseases,
- Neurological diseases,
The treatment of erectile dysfunction varies depending on the cause and severity of the problem. There are various treatment options such as drug therapy, devices, psychotherapy, and surgical methods. Determining the underlying cause of the problem and applying appropriate treatment methods is important to improve quality of life and improve sexual health.
Who Has Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a common sexual problem in men. Erectile dysfunction is defined as a reduced or lost ability to achieve and maintain an erection. This condition can negatively affect the quality of life and sexual relationships. Although erectile dysfunction is more common in older men, it can occur in any age group.
The incidence and causes of erectile dysfunction are as follows:
- The risk of erectile dysfunction increases with age. Men over 40 have a higher risk of ED, and about half of men over 65 have ED.
- Chronic diseases like diabetes, heart diseases, high blood pressure, kidney and liver diseases can cause erection problems.
- Psychological factors such as stress, anxiety, depression, and lack of self-confidence can cause erection problems.
- Smoking, alcohol and drug use, sedentary lifestyle and obesity can lead to erection problems.
- Some medications, especially antidepressants, blood pressure medications and hormone therapies, can cause erection problems.
- Hormonal imbalances, such as testosterone deficiency, can lead to erection problems.
- Neurological diseases such as Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis and spinal cord injuries can cause erection problems.
How is Erectile Dysfunction Diagnosed?
Erectile dysfunction is usually diagnosed based on the patient’s complaints and medical history. The doctor can guide the diagnosis by getting detailed information about the patient’s sexual history, complaints, and lifestyle. In addition, physical examination and laboratory tests can also help determine the causes of erection problems.
- Physical examination,
- Laboratory tests,
- Imaging tests,
- Psychological assessment,
How is Erectile Dysfunction Treatment?
Erectile dysfunction treatment varies depending on the underlying causes of the problem and the needs of the patient. Generally, treatment is carried out with one or more of the following methods:
- Medications explicitly developed for erectile dysfunction (e. g. , sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil) can improve the ability to achieve and maintain an erection.
- In the case of testosterone deficiency, hormone therapy can correct erection problems.
- Addressing psychological factors such as stress, anxiety and depression can alleviate erection problems.
- Quitting smoking, reducing alcohol and drug use, and following a healthy diet and exercise program can improve erection problems.
- Devices such as vacuum pumps and penile prostheses and surgical methods can correct erection problems.
- Alternative treatments such as acupuncture, massage and herbal medicines can help with erection problems. However, more research is needed on the effectiveness and safety of these methods.
Treatment of erectile dysfunction should be planned individually according to the needs of the patient and the underlying causes. During the treatment process, it is also important for the patient to communicate with and receive support from his/her partner.
Erectile Dysfunction Treatment Prices in Turkey
Türkiye has managed to announce its name to the world with its investments and studies in the field of health. Especially the latest technological devices used in diagnosis and treatment procedures have been a beacon of hope for many diseases. However, there has been an increase in health tourism in Türkiye.
- Hospitals are large, clean, spacious and fully equipped in terms of technological equipment.
- Turkish doctors are specialized, successful, and skilled in their fields.
- Nurses and carers are friendly and compassionate.
- Finding answers to the questions asked quickly and accurately.
- Patience and understanding of all staff, including the intermediary company dealing with the patient.
- Turkey offers holiday opportunities with its natural and historical beauties.
- Easy transportation.
- Diagnosis, treatment, accommodation, eating, drinking, dressing, and holiday needs can be met at affordable prices.
Turkey has managed to announce its name to the world with its investments and studies in the field of health. Especially the latest technological devices used in diagnosis and treatment procedures have been a beacon of hope for many diseases. However, it would not be right to give clear price information at this stage. Many factors such as the type of disease, stage, diagnosis process, treatment process, and stay in Türkiye affect the price issue. If you want to get more detailed price information, you can contact us. In addition, if you come to Turkey for treatment through us, we can facilitate your visa application process with the invitation letter sent by us to the consulate.
Prof.Dr. Ergün Dağlıoğlu (Eğitim Görevlisi), Beyin Cerrahı, Beyin Ve Sinir Cerrahisi