One of the most important organs of humans is the lungs. The working principle of the lungs is as follows. The clean oxygenated air taken from outside fills the air sacs in the lungs. These sacs are called alveoli. The oxygen filled in the alveoli mixes with the blood here and sends the oxygen-rich blood back to the heart. The heart distributes this clean and oxygenated blood throughout the body. As long as you are alive, this process will always be like this under normal conditions. However, in some cases, the lungs may lose their functionality. This happens because of some diseases. Atelectasis is one of these diseases. So what is Atelectasis and how to treat it, we will explain in detail in the rest of our article.
What is Atelectasis?
Atelectasis is a blockage of the air passages to the lungs due to physical or biological reasons. Due to this blockage, oxygen does not go to the lungs anymore and the air in it is completely exhausted. After these air sacs are emptied, the lungs contract. This disease is called atelectasis. This is the clearest answer that can be given to the question of what is atelectasis.
How Does Atelectasis Occur?
The shortest answer to the question of How Atelectasis Occurs is as follows. The alveoli take in fresh air, exchange it with carbon dioxide and send this carbon dioxide out again. The summary of breathing can be like this.
Due to some physical and biological reasons, some or all of the lungs cannot perform this process. Constriction of the lungs may occur as a result of improper breathing. It is important to treat this immediately after it occurs.
What are the Symptoms of Atelectasis?
Many diseases come with a number of symptoms. One of these diseases is Atelectasis disease. Atelectasis Symptoms, which is a kind of lung disease, can be listed as follows:
- Complaints of shortness of breath in the person
- rapid breathing
- Having problems with deep breathing, which is why the person usually takes short, staccato breathing
- The wheezing sound of his breath
- Prolonged cough complaint
- pain in the chest
- The person has tachycardia, that is, the acceleration of the heartbeat
- Bruising on the skin and lips of the person
What are the Causes of Atelectasis?
Atelectasis, which is respiratory distress in the lungs, has more than one cause. We can briefly list the causes of atelectasis as follows:
- The large-scale surgical process that the person undergoes under the influence of general anesthesia
- excessive secretion of mucus in the lungs
- A foreign body escapes from the person’s mouth to the trachea and obstructs the respiratory tract
- Tumors in the lungs blocking the airways
- Sudden trauma to the chest
- Air leaks in the lungs, namely pneumothorax
- The person has pneumonia
- Damage to the lungs
What are the types of atelectasis?
In general, there are two types of atelectasis disease grouped under two headings. One of them is called obstructive atelectasis and the second is called non-occlusive atelectasis. In the medical field, what are the types of atelectasis can be explained as follows:
- Congenital atelectasis type
- Obstructive atelectasis type
- passive atelectasis type
- contraction atelectasis type
- Type of acceleration atelectasis
- Adhesive atelectasis type
- contraction atelectasis type
- acute atelectasis type
- Chronic atelectasis type
- Type of atelectasis in newborn
- Subsegmental atelectasis type
- Dependent atelectasis type
How Is Atelectasis Diagnosed?
How to Diagnose Atelectasis for patients who apply to a doctor with one or more of the above-mentioned symptoms, such as difficulty in breathing, can be explained as follows. First of all, patients are checked with a physical doctor examination. Then some imaging methods that the doctor wants are needed. These are :
- X-ray for the lungs
- Computed tomography imaging method
- Arterial blood gas measurement
- bronchoscopy method
How Is Atelectasis Treated?
Atelectasis is a disease that will cause serious health problems if left untreated. For this reason, you should go to the doctor in the slightest symptom you suspect, even if it is just for control purposes. Everyone is wondering how to treat atelectasis diagnosed after the diagnostic methods.
First of all, the atelectasis rope should be determined. If the reason for this is a foreign body in the throat, it should be removed. If there is a complication after surgery, oxygen support can be given. Medication or antibiotic therapy can be started. Or, surgical intervention can be applied when the doctor deems it necessary.
Atelectasis Treatment Prices in Turkey
Treatment of many serious diseases is carried out successfully in Turkey. One of these diseases is atelectasis disease. The lungs, which play a major role in the breathing of this type of people with a serious lung disease, cannot perform their function adequately. Atelectasis disease, which is diagnosed and treated at this stage, provides a ray of hope for citizens living abroad with the treatment methods in Turkey. For this reason, foreign citizens who prefer to be treated in our country can use their preferences for other reasons as well. These options are briefly as follows:
- The positive results of the treatments performed in Turkey with superior success
- The existing hospitals in Turkey are large and fully equipped
- Serious investments and improvements made by the Republic of Turkey in the field of health
- Doctors are experts in their field
- Nurses and caregivers are patient and smiling
- Hospitality and helpfulness of all staff, including the intermediary company, who takes care of the patient
- Turkey’s natural beauties also offer holiday opportunities
- The special needs of treatments such as food, drink, shelter and clothing are met at an affordable price
Atelectasis Treatment Prices in Turkey are also among the points of interest. However, it would not be correct to give clear information at this stage. Many factors such as the type of atelectasis disease, diagnosis and treatment methods, and treatment process cause changes in price. For this reason, you can get information by calling us for clear and understandable answers to all questions in your mind and for detailed price information. In addition, if you come to Turkey for treatment through us, we can facilitate your visa procedures with the invitation letter sent by us to the consulate.
Prof.Dr. Ergün Dağlıoğlu (Eğitim Görevlisi), Beyin Cerrahı, Beyin Ve Sinir Cerrahisi