The body needs many different cells for blood production. One of these cells is stem cells. In cases where stem cells are limited, a blood disease called Aplastic Anemia occurs. As a result of this blood disease, there is a deficiency in red and white blood cells and platelets. Deficiency in blood cells can cause complications that will negatively affect people’s lives. Although this disease is very rare, every age group is at risk. What is Aplastic Anemia and how it is treated is explained in detail in the rest of our article.
- What is Aplastic Anemia?
- Is Aplastic Anemia Cancer?
- Is Aplastic Anemia Deadly?
- What Causes Aplastic Anemia?
- What are the Symptoms of Aplastic Anemia?
- What are the Risk Factors of Aplastic Anemia?
- How is Aplastic Anemia Diagnosed?
- How Is Aplastic Anemia Treated?
- How Long Does Aplastic Anemia Treatment Take?
- Aplastic Anemia Treatment Prices in Turkey
What is Aplastic Anemia?
Aplastic Anemia starts with the inability of the marrows in the body to perform their functions. If the stem cells in these marrows do not take an active role in blood production, Aplastic Anemia may occur. The question of What is Aplastic Anemia can be answered in this way.
Although this type of anemia may occur slowly, with symptoms in some people, it appears to occur suddenly in some cases. It can be seen in all age groups without age restrictions. This disease progresses in three forms as mild, moderate and severe. While drug treatment is possible in mild cases, bone marrow transplantation is required in severe cases.
Is Aplastic Anemia Cancer?
Cancer is a disease that occurs as a result of the uncontrolled and unneeded overproduction of cells in the body. In aplastic anemia, it occurs due to a deficiency due to stem cells not producing enough blood cells. In other words, the question of Is Aplastic Anemia Cancer can be answered as no. This is an important disease that needs to be treated seriously.
Is Aplastic Anemia Deadly?
Is Aplastic Anemia Fatal? is not among the questions that can get a clear answer. Although in some cases it seems to heal on its own, in some cases it needs to be treated immediately. If left untreated, yes, it can result in death. However, it varies according to the course of the disease, the type of disease and the response of the patient to the disease, and the type of struggle. You can contact us for more detailed and extensive information on this subject.
What Causes Aplastic Anemia?
- Aplastic anemia may be passed on to the person in genetic and hereditary ways.
- It can be seen in people with cancer as a result of radiotherapy treatment and chemotherapy treatment.
- It may occur as a result of prolonged exposure to certain chemicals.
- Some drugs used for a long time can cause this disease.
- Defects in the immune system can cause this disease.
- Virus-related infections can cause this disease.
- A person’s pregnancy can cause this disease.
- In some cases, this disease may exist without even knowing the cause by doctors and scientists.
These reasons mentioned above may be the answer to the question of What Causes Aplastic Anemia.
What are the Symptoms of Aplastic Anemia?
- Person experiencing shortness of breath
- Pain in the person’s chest
- Frequent dizziness
- Frequent headaches
- Having pale skin due to anemia
- Chills, especially in the hands and feet, due to anemia
- feeling powerless
- rapid heartbeat
- Occurrence of heart failure
- Bleeding and bruising in the body
- Difficulty in stopping bleeding when it starts
- Bleeding in the nose and gums
- Blood in urine and stool
- Heavy bleeding, especially in women
- Bleeding under the skin
What are the Risk Factors of Aplastic Anemia?
The question of What are the Aplastic Anemia Risk Factors can be answered as follows:
- Receiving chemotherapy and radiotherapy during cancer treatment
- Prolonged exposure to harmful chemicals
- The use of certain drugs that can cause this disease
- pregnancy period
How is Aplastic Anemia Diagnosed?
Patients who go to the doctor because of some symptoms are first taken under a physical examination. The doctor tries to diagnose the disease by doing some tests and examinations. Blood and marrow samples are among these tests. As a result of the examinations, mild aplastic anemia, moderate aplastic anemia and severe aplastic anemia are diagnosed. The question of How to Diagnose Aplastic Anemia can be answered in this way.
How Is Aplastic Anemia Treated?
How to Treat Aplastic Anemia is among the questions that everyone wonders. The treatment process varies according to the degree of the disease. Drugs are used in the treatment of mild or moderate aplastic anemia. However, stem cell transplantation treatment is required in severe aplastic anemia.
How Long Does Aplastic Anemia Treatment Take?
The question of How Long Does Aplastic Anemia Treatment Take? cannot find a clear answer. This process differs according to the degree of the disease. You can contact us for the answer to any question you wonder about aplastic anemia.
Aplastic Anemia Treatment Prices in Turkey
The treatment of Aplastic Anemia is carried out in Turkey under humane conditions with superior success. Diagnosis and treatment methods used in this process continue in parallel with scientific and cutting-edge technology. At this stage, many foreign citizens who are sick prefer to be treated in Turkey. The success rate of the treatments, the up-to-date diagnosis and treatment methods, the positive patient-doctor-patient-staff relationship, and the healthy and happy departure of the patients from the country are among the other reasons for preference.
Aplastic Anemia Treatment Prices in Turkey is a subject that many people wonder about. However, it is not correct to give a clear answer at this stage. Factors such as the degree of aplastic anemia and the duration of treatment directly affect the price issue. For this reason, you can contact us for answering any questions you may have and for detailed price information. In addition, if you come to Turkey for treatment through us, we can facilitate your visa procedures with the invitation letter we send to the consulate.
Prof.Dr. Ergün Dağlıoğlu (Eğitim Görevlisi), Beyin Cerrahı, Beyin Ve Sinir Cerrahisi