Triglyceride is a type of lipid that plays an important role in the processes of energy storage and use in the human body. Most of the fat taken with food is in the form of triglycerides and is stored in the body in this way. Triglyceride levels are an important factor to be considered in order to lead a healthy life. In this article we have written for you, we will examine what triglycerides are, what they do and the normal range of values.
What is Triglyceride?
Triglyceride is a chemical compound formed by the bonding of three fatty acid molecules to a glycerol molecule. This compound is stored in the body for use as an energy source and released when needed. Triglycerides are the main type of fat found in foods and in adipose tissue in the body.
What Does Triglyceride Do?
Triglycerides are an important energy source used to meet the body’s energy needs. The part of the calories taken from food that is not used immediately by the body is converted into triglycerides and stored in the adipose tissues. When the body needs energy, triglycerides are broken down and used as energy in the form of free fatty acids and glycerol. In addition, triglycerides contribute to the maintenance of the functions of cells by taking place in the cell membrane structure and help maintain body temperature.
What is the Triglyceride Normal Value Range?
Triglyceride levels are measured by blood tests and expressed in milligrams (mg). Normal triglyceride values may vary depending on age, gender and genetic factors. However, the generally accepted values are as follows;
- Normal: Below 150 mg/dL,
- Borderline high: 150-199 mg/dL,
- High: 200-499 mg/dL,
- Very high: 500 mg/dL and above
Because high triglyceride levels can lead to health problems such as heart disease, obesity, diabetes, and pancreatitis, it is important to be checked regularly and lowered with lifestyle changes and treatment, if necessary. In order to lead a healthy life, factors such as a careful diet, regular exercise and not smoking will help keep triglyceride levels under control.
What Causes Triglyceride High?
Triglyceride elevation is the condition in which the fat molecules called triglycerides in the bloodstream increase in the blood. Triglycerides are a type of fat that our body uses as an energy source and is also stored in fat cells. High triglyceride levels are one of the risk factors that can lead to health problems such as heart diseases, obesity and diabetes. The factors that cause high triglyceride levels are as follows;
- Dietary habits,
- Lack of physical activity,
- Alcohol consumption,
- Genetic factors,
- Medical conditions,
- Drug use,
What Is Done In The Treatment Of High Triglyceride?
Treatment of high triglyceride levels is usually with lifestyle changes and sometimes medication. Treatment methods include:
- It is possible to lower triglyceride levels by reducing the consumption of foods containing refined carbohydrates, sugar and saturated fats, and by consuming foods containing fiber, fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains and healthy fats.
- Getting at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic exercise per week can help lower triglyceride levels. Activities such as walking, jogging, cycling and swimming can be preferred.
- Losing extra pounds lowers triglyceride levels and improves heart health.
- You can help lower triglyceride levels by reducing or quitting alcohol consumption.
- Your doctor may recommend medication if triglyceride levels remain high despite lifestyle changes. These medications may contain statins, niacin, fibrates, and omega-3 fatty acids.
What Foods Raise Triglycerides?
Foods that raise triglyceride levels are usually foods high in sugar, refined carbohydrates, and saturated fat. These foods include:
- Sugary drinks,
- White bread, cakes and pastries,
- Fast food,
- Sweets and confectionery,
- Red meat and processed meat products,
- Full-fat dairy products,
By reducing your consumption of these foods and choosing healthier options, you can keep triglyceride levels in check and improve your overall health.
Triglyceride Treatment Prices in Turkey
Turkey has succeeded in making its name known to the world with its investments and Especially the latest technological devices used in diagnosis and treatment procedures have been a beacon of hope for many diseases. However, there has been an increase in health tourism in Türkiye.
- Hospitals are large, clean, spacious and fully equipped in terms of technological equipment.
- Turkish doctors are specialized, successful, and skilled in their fields.
- Nurses and carers are friendly and compassionate.
- Finding answers to the questions asked quickly and accurately.
- Patience and understanding of all staff, including the intermediary company dealing with the patient.
- Turkey offers holiday opportunities with its natural and historical beauties.
- Easy transportation.
- Diagnosis, treatment, accommodation, eating, drinking, dressing, and holiday needs can be met at affordable prices.
Such situations are shown among the reasons for preference. We can see that patients and their relatives who want to come to Turkey are doing research on Triglyceride Treatment Prices in Turkey. However, it would not be correct to give clear price information at this stage. Many factors such as the type of disease, stage, diagnosis process, treatment process, and stay in Türkiye affect the price issue. If you want to get more detailed price information, you can contact us. In addition, if you come to Turkey for treatment through us, we can facilitate your visa application process with the invitation letter sent by us to the consulate.
Prof.Dr. Ergün Dağlıoğlu (Eğitim Görevlisi), Beyin Cerrahı, Beyin Ve Sinir Cerrahisi
This post is also available in: Türkçe