Porcelain dental veneers are a popular dental treatment method that allows teeth with aesthetic and functional deficiencies to have a natural appearance. Today, many people prefer this method to have a beautiful smile and healthy teeth. Porcelain dental veneers provide a stronger and more aesthetic appearance of the teeth with a thin ceramic layer applied on the teeth. In this article we have written for you, we will try to address issues such as what porcelain dental veneers are, why they are made and how they are applied.
- What Is Porcelain Dental Veneer?
- Why Is A Dental Veneer Procedure Performed?
- How Is Porcelain Tooth Veneering Procedure Performed?
- How To Care After Porcelain Dental Veneers?
- What Are The Disadvantages of Dental Veneers?
- What Is The Lifespan of Porcelain Dental Veneers?
- Porcelain Dental Veneers Treatment Prices in Turkey
What Is Porcelain Dental Veneer?
Porcelain dental veneers are thin ceramic layers that are placed on the teeth and mimic the natural shape, size and color of the teeth. Porcelain is considered an ideal material for dental veneers because it has a light reflectivity similar to natural tooth structure and is also durable. Porcelain dental veneers help prevent tooth decay, correct the shape of the teeth and generally improve the aesthetic appearance of the smile.
Why Is A Dental Veneer Procedure Performed?
Porcelain dental veneers are made for various reasons. Some of these reasons can be listed as follows;
- To correct crooked, curved or irregularly shaped teeth,
- Improving the color and brightness of teeth,
- To repair fracture, cracking or broken parts of the teeth,
- Filling the gaps between the teeth and providing a smooth smile,
- To prevent abrasion and decay of teeth,
- Replacement of old fillings or correction of poorly made fillings,
- To cover exposed tooth roots due to gum recession,
How Is Porcelain Tooth Veneering Procedure Performed?
Porcelain dental veneers are usually performed in several stages;
- Firstly, the dentist will assess your teeth and the general condition of your mouth and decide whether dental veneers are a suitable option for you.
- If dental veneers are suitable, the dentist will gently abrade the enamel layer on your teeth and make the shape of the teeth suitable for veneers.
- The dentist will then take impressions of your teeth and send them to a laboratory to prepare porcelain dental veneers according to these impressions.
- Once the veneers are ready, the dentist will fix them to your teeth with a special adhesive. During this process, the dentist will make sure that the veneers are correctly placed and fit.
- Finally, the dentist will complete the process by making minor adjustments to the veneers and try to achieve the best result for you.
Porcelain dental veneers can last for many years and provide a beautiful smile with proper care and regular visits to the dentist. Therefore, if you are experiencing aesthetic or functional problems with your teeth, you can consider porcelain dental veneers and discuss this issue with your dentist.
How To Care After Porcelain Dental Veneers?
Proper care is very important for long-lasting veneers and a healthy mouth. The care recommendations to be made after porcelain dental veneers can be explained as follows;
Porcelain dental veneers should be brushed regularly like natural teeth. Brush your teeth at least twice a day for at least two minutes. Brush your teeth and gums gently using a soft-bristled toothbrush.
Floss to remove plaque and food debris that can build up between and around the dental crowns. Floss between your teeth at least once a day.
Use an alcohol-free mouthwash to reduce the level of bacteria in your mouth and prolong the life of dental crowns. Maintain your oral hygiene by using mouthwash twice a day.
Visit your dentist regularly to ensure that the porcelain dental veneers are working properly and are trouble-free. Your dentist can check the condition of your veneers and provide any necessary cleaning or maintenance.
To protect your porcelain dental veneers, avoid hard, crunchy and sticky foods. These types of foods can damage or remove your veneers.
Teeth grinding and clenching habits can damage porcelain dental veneers. If you have this habit, talk to your dentist and find out the appropriate treatment methods.
What Are The Disadvantages of Dental Veneers?
Although porcelain dental veneers offer aesthetic and functional advantages, they also have some disadvantages;
- Porcelain dental veneers are more costly than other restoration methods.
- After dental veneers are applied, some patients may experience tooth sensitivity. This is usually temporary, but in some cases it can be permanent.
- Porcelain dental veneers can break or crack. This can be triggered by factors such as consuming hard foods or clenching the teeth.
- Porcelain dental veneers can change colour over time and look incompatible with your natural teeth.
What Is The Lifespan of Porcelain Dental Veneers?
The lifespan of porcelain dental veneers depends on how well the patient cares for oral hygiene and dental veneers. Generally, the lifespan of porcelain dental veneers ranges from 10 to 15 years. However, with regular dental visits and proper oral care, this period can be extended up to 20 years. By following the above-mentioned care recommendations to extend the life of dental veneers, you can achieve a long-lasting and healthy smile.
Porcelain Dental Veneers Treatment Prices in Turkey
Turkey has managed to announce its name to the world with its investments and studies in the field of health. Especially the latest technological devices used in diagnosis and treatment procedures have been a beacon of hope for many diseases. However, there has been an increase in health tourism in Türkiye.
- Hospitals are large, clean, spacious and fully equipped in terms of technological equipment.
- Turkish doctors are specialized, successful, and skilled in their fields.
- Nurses and carers are friendly and compassionate.
- Finding answers to the questions asked quickly and accurately.
- Patience and understanding of all staff, including the intermediary company dealing with the patient.
- Turkey offers holiday opportunities with its natural and historical beauties.
- Easy transportation.
- Diagnosis, treatment, accommodation, eating, drinking, dressing, and holiday needs can be met at affordable prices.
Such situations are shown among the reasons for preference. We can see that patients and their relatives who want to come to Turkey are doing research on Porcelain Dental Veneer Treatment Prices in Turkey. However, it would not be correct to give clear price information at this stage. Many factors such as the type of disease, stage, diagnosis process, treatment process, and stay in Türkiye affect the price issue. If you want to get more detailed price information, you can contact us. In addition, if you come to Turkey for treatment through us, we can facilitate your visa application process with the invitation letter sent by us to the consulate.
Prof.Dr. Ergün Dağlıoğlu (Eğitim Görevlisi), Beyin Cerrahı, Beyin Ve Sinir Cerrahisi