Medical technologies used in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer are a rapidly developing field that improves the quality of life of patients. Thanks to these technologies, early diagnosis and effective treatment of diseases have become possible. Computed tomography (CT) used in radiology plays a major role in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer and other diseases. In this article we have written for you, we will try to give information about what computed tomography is, in which diseases it is used, and how it is taken.
- What Is Computed Tomography (CT)?
- In Which Diseases Is Computerized Tomography (CT) Used?
- How Is Computerized Tomography (CT) Performed?
- What Are The Types Of Computed Tomography?
- What Are The Uses of Computed Tomography?
- What Does Computed Tomography Do?
- Computed Tomography (CT) Treatment Prices in Turkey
What Is Computed Tomography (CT)?
Computed tomography (CT) is an advanced medical imaging technique that visualizes the internal structure of the body in sections and obtains detailed images using X-rays. CT works on the principle that X-rays are sent into the body tissues, the rays passing through the tissues are detected by a detector and this data is processed by a computer to create cross-sectional images. In this way, detailed information about tissues, organs, and structures in different parts of the body is obtained.
In Which Diseases Is Computerized Tomography (CT) Used?
Computed tomography is an effective method used in the diagnosis and treatment of many diseases. Some of the diseases in which CT is used are as follows;
- CT is used to determine the location, size and spread of tumors. It is also used to evaluate the effectiveness of cancer treatment and detect metastases.
- CT can be used to detect broken bones, internal organ damage, and bleeding.
- CT can be used to diagnose infections in internal organs and bones.
- CT can be used to diagnose blood vessel blockages, aneurysms, and other cardiovascular diseases.
- CT can be used to diagnose brain tumors, stroke, brain hemorrhages, and other diseases of the nervous system.
- CT can be used to diagnose lung diseases such as lung tumors, infections, and pulmonary embolism.
How Is Computerized Tomography (CT) Performed?
During a CT scan, patients are placed on a CT table, usually lying on their backs. As the X-ray tube and detector on the table rotate around the patient, X-rays are sent into the body tissues. These rays pass through the tissues, reach the detector, and are processed by the computer to create cross-sectional images. It is important that the patient remains still during the CT scan, as movement can reduce image quality. The procedure time can vary between 10-30 minutes, depending on the area being examined and the characteristics of the CT device used for the scan.
What Are The Types Of Computed Tomography?
Computed tomography (CT) is a medical imaging method that uses X-rays to obtain cross-sectional images of internal organs and body structures. CT plays an important role in the diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of diseases. Computed tomography types can be listed as follows;
- Conventional Computed Tomography,
- Spiral computed tomography,
- Multislice Computed Tomography (Multislice CT),
- Contrast-enhanced computed tomography,
- Functional Computed Tomography,
What Are The Uses of Computed Tomography?
Computed tomography is used in various fields of medicine. Some areas of use are as follows;
- CT plays an important role in cancer diagnosis, staging and monitoring the treatment process.
- CT is used for the diagnosis and treatment of brain and nervous system diseases.
- CT is used in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular diseases.
- CT is used to quickly and accurately diagnose fractures, bleeding and other emergencies.
- CT is used to diagnose and treat diseases of the lungs and chest cavity.
- CT is used to diagnose and treat diseases of the digestive system and abdominal organs.
- CT is used to diagnose and treat diseases of the kidneys, urinary tract and reproductive organs.
What Does Computed Tomography Do?
By obtaining cross-sectional images of the body, computed tomography helps doctors diagnose diseases, determine treatment plans and monitor patients’ treatment processes. CT is an important tool for early diagnosis of diseases and can be life-saving. It is also used to evaluate the processes before and after surgical interventions. CT provides fast, accurate and reliable results and plays an important role in many areas of medicine.
Computed Tomography (CT) Treatment Prices in Turkey
Turkey has managed to announce its name to the world with its investments and studies in the field of health. Especially the latest technological devices used in diagnosis and treatment procedures have been a beacon of hope for many diseases. However, there has been an increase in health tourism in Türkiye.
- Hospitals are large, clean, spacious and fully equipped in terms of technological equipment.
- Turkish doctors are specialized, successful, and skilled in their fields.
- Nurses and carers are friendly and compassionate.
- Finding answers to the questions asked quickly and accurately.
- Patience and understanding of all staff, including the intermediary company dealing with the patient.
- Turkey offers holiday opportunities with its natural and historical beauties.
- Easy transportation.
- Diagnosis, treatment, accommodation, eating, drinking, dressing, and holiday needs can be met at affordable prices.
Such situations are shown among the reasons for preference. We can see that patients and their relatives who want to come to Turkey are doing research on Computed Tomography (CT) Treatment Prices in Turkey. However, it would not be right to give clear price information at this stage. Many factors such as the type of disease, stage, diagnosis process, treatment process, and stay in Türkiye affect the price issue. If you want to get more detailed price information, you can contact us. In addition, if you come to Turkey for treatment through us, we can facilitate your visa application process with the invitation letter sent by us to the consulate.
Prof.Dr. Ergün Dağlıoğlu (Eğitim Görevlisi), Beyin Cerrahı, Beyin Ve Sinir Cerrahisi