Drug addiction is an important problem that affects millions of people worldwide and negatively affects their lives. This addiction not only threatens the physical and mental health of the individual, but also disrupts the general health and peace of society. For this reason, a good understanding of drug addiction treatment and knowledge in this field is of great importance in the fight against addiction. In this article we have written for you, we will try to give information about what drug addiction is, its causes and symptoms.
- What is Drug Addiction?
- What are the Causes of Drug Addiction?
- What are the Symptoms of Drug Addiction?
- How is Drug Addiction Diagnosed?
- How to Treat Drug Addiction?
- Where is Drug Addiction Treated?
- How Long Does Drug Addiction Treatment Take?
- Is There a Full Recovery from Drug Addiction?
- Drug Addiction Treatment Prices in Turkey
What is Drug Addiction?
Drug addiction is a condition in which the individual’s desire and need to use drugs becomes constant. This occurs when the individual starts to use drugs, tolerance increases over time and the dose is continuously increased. Drug addiction can negatively affect the social, work and family life of the individual and lead to health problems.
What are the Causes of Drug Addiction?
The causes of drug addiction can be analysed under two main headings: individual and environmental factors. Individual factors include genetic predisposition, personality traits, mental problems and learning processes, while environmental factors include factors such as socioeconomic level, family and friends, educational level and accessibility. It should not be forgotten that the causes of drug addiction may differ in each individual.
What are the Symptoms of Drug Addiction?
Symptoms of drug addiction may vary depending on the substance used, the duration and the general health status of the individual. However, the following symptoms can be observed in general;
- Persistent desire to think about and use drugs,
- Increasing tolerance and continuously increasing the dose,
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when not using drugs (trembling, sweating, nausea, restlessness, etc.),
- The emergence of problems in social, work and family life,
- Unsuccessful efforts to reduce or stop drug use,
- Experiencing physical and mental health problems due to drug use,
Drug addiction treatment can be carried out by different methods depending on the degree and duration of addiction and the general health status of the individual. The treatment process aims to help the individual to stop using substances, to manage withdrawal symptoms and to eliminate the causes of addiction. In this process, it is of great importance to get professional support and apply appropriate treatment methods.
How is Drug Addiction Diagnosed?
Drug addiction is a serious health problem that significantly reduces the quality of life and functionality of the individual and negatively affects family and social relationships. A diagnosis of addiction requires a professional assessment by a health care professional. In this process, the patient’s symptoms, duration of use, tolerance to the substance and the effects of substance use on his/her life are taken into account.
The diagnosis of drug addiction is usually made using the following criteria;
- Neglect of responsibilities at work, school or home due to substance abuse,
- Substance use continues but causes social or personal problems,
- Increased and more frequent use of substances,
- The occurrence of withdrawal symptoms in the absence of substance use,
- Continued substance use despite significant negative effects on the person’s life,
- The development of tolerance over time from the start of substance use,
- Unsuccessful attempts to reduce or stop substance use,
If some or all of these criteria are fulfilled, a diagnosis of drug addiction can be made by a specialist.
How to Treat Drug Addiction?
Drug addiction treatment varies depending on the severity of the addiction, the substance used and the general health status of the individual. The treatment process usually consists of the following stages;
- With detoxification, the addict’s body is cleansed of the drug. This can be a difficult period during which withdrawal symptoms may occur. Medical supervision and support are important during the detoxification process.
- Medications used in the treatment of drug addiction can help relieve withdrawal symptoms, prevent relapse and improve the addict’s quality of life. Medication depends on the severity of the addiction and the substance used.
- Psychotherapy in addiction treatment helps the addict to understand the reasons for substance use, to develop coping strategies and to prevent relapse. Therapy methods such as cognitive behavioural therapy, family therapy and motivational interviewing can be applied.
- These are groups where addicts come together with other individuals with similar problems, share their experiences and provide mutual support. Support groups play an important role in addiction treatment and help to strengthen the addict’s social relationships.
Where is Drug Addiction Treated?
Treatment of drug addiction can be carried out in different health institutions. These institutions include;
- Drug addiction treatment centres,
- Psychiatry and psychology clinics,
- Family physicians,
The most important factor in the treatment of drug addiction is to start the treatment process early and to continue the treatment in accordance with the recommendations of the experts. In this way, dependent individuals can return to a healthy and productive life.
How Long Does Drug Addiction Treatment Take?
Drug addiction is a serious problem that negatively affects the physical and psychological health of the person. Addiction treatment aims to help the addict regain their quality of life and lead a healthy life. Drug addiction treatment varies depending on the level of addiction, the substance used and the personal characteristics of the person. Therefore, the duration of treatment is different for each individual.
The treatment process usually consists of three main phases: Detox, rehabilitation and ongoing support. The detox phase removes the drugs from the addict’s body and usually lasts from a few days to several weeks. During this phase, the addict may experience various withdrawal symptoms and medical support is important.
The rehabilitation phase helps the addict to understand the underlying causes and triggers of substance abuse. This phase may include different methods such as individual and group therapies, medication and life skills training. The rehabilitation process can last from a few weeks to several months, depending on the needs of the addict and the treatment plan.
The ongoing support phase helps the addict to take the necessary measures to prevent a return to substance use. This phase may include services such as participation in addiction-related community groups, family therapy and regular counselling sessions. Ongoing support can continue for the rest of the addict’s life.
Is There a Full Recovery from Drug Addiction?
Drug addiction is a complex and persistent condition. The treatment process helps the addict to stop using substances and regain quality of life. However, whether the addiction is completely cured depends on the condition of the addict and the treatment process.
Addiction is considered a chronic disease that causes chemical and structural changes in the brain. Therefore, although it is difficult to fully recover from addiction, through the treatment process, addicted individuals can control their substance use and lead a healthy life.
The success of addiction treatment is closely related to the addict’s commitment to the treatment process, a supportive environment and the use of appropriate treatment methods. For long-term recovery, it is important for the addict to make lifestyle changes, develop stress management skills and build positive social relationships.
Drug Addiction Treatment Prices in Turkey
Turkey has succeeded in making its name known to the world with its investments and Especially the latest technological devices used in diagnosis and treatment procedures have been a beacon of hope for many diseases. However, there has been an increase in health tourism in Türkiye.
- Hospitals are large, clean, spacious and fully equipped in terms of technological equipment.
- Turkish doctors are specialized, successful, and skilled in their fields.
- Nurses and carers are friendly and compassionate.
- Finding answers to the questions asked quickly and accurately.
- Patience and understanding of all staff, including the intermediary company dealing with the patient.
- Turkey offers holiday opportunities with its natural and historical beauties.
- Easy transportation.
- Diagnosis, treatment, accommodation, eating, drinking, dressing, and holiday needs can be met at affordable prices.
Such situations are shown among the reasons for preference. We can see that patients and relatives of patients who want to come to Turkey are doing research on Drug Addiction Treatment Prices in Turkey. However, it would not be correct to give clear price information at this stage. Many factors such as the type of disease, stage, diagnosis process, treatment process, and stay in Türkiye affect the price issue. If you want to get more detailed price information, you can contact us. In addition, if you come to Turkey for treatment through us, we can facilitate your visa application process with the invitation letter sent by us to the consulate.
Prof.Dr. Ergün Dağlıoğlu (Eğitim Görevlisi), Beyin Cerrahı, Beyin Ve Sinir Cerrahisi