Breast lift surgery is a popular aesthetic surgery procedure that women prefer to increase their self-confidence and achieve a more aesthetically pleasing appearance. It is aimed to correct and lift the breasts that have sagged, lost volume, or deformed due to various factors. In this article we have written for you, what breast lift surgery is, why it is performed and what should be known about the process will be discussed.
- What Is Breast Lift Surgery?
- Why Is A Breast Lift Operation Performed?
- How Is Breast Lift Operation Performed?
- Who Can Have Breast Lift Operation?
- Is There Loss of Sensation After Breast Lift Operation?
- Recovery Process After Breast Lift Surgery
- How Long Does It Take To Return To Daily Life After Breast Lift Operation?
- Breast Lift Treatment Prices in Turkey
What Is Breast Lift Surgery?
Breast lift surgery is a cosmetic surgery procedure also known as mastopexy. This procedure aims to restore sagging and volume loss breasts to a more upright, fuller and aesthetic appearance. Generally, the fat and milk glands in the breast tissue are reshaped, excess skin is removed and the nipple is moved upwards. Thus, the breasts are made to look more natural and younger.
Why Is A Breast Lift Operation Performed?
Breast lift operation is performed for various reasons. Some of these reasons can be explained as follows;
- Over time, the skin loses its elasticity and it is inevitable that the breasts sag under the influence of gravity. Breast lift surgery restores the natural and youthful appearance of breasts sagging due to old age.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding lead to major changes in women’s breasts. Due to hormonal changes and milk production, breasts grow and shrink. These processes can cause deformity and sagging of the breasts. Breast lift surgery is a procedure that corrects this situation and restores the old form of the breasts.
- Rapid weight loss can lead to volume loss and sagging of the breasts. Breast lift surgery makes the breasts look fuller and lifted after weight loss.
- Some women may genetically have more saggy and low breasts. This may cause a lack of self-confidence and aesthetic concerns. Breast lift surgery helps to correct sagging breasts due to genetic factors.
Breast lift surgery is a procedure that makes women’s breasts look more aesthetic, fuller, and younger. This surgery, which is preferred to correct sagging and deformed breasts, increases women’s self-confidence and improves their quality of life.
How Is Breast Lift Operation Performed?
Breast lift operation is a surgical procedure performed for the aesthetic and functional correction of sagging and volume loss breasts. This procedure increases the self-confidence of the person by giving the breast a younger, fuller, and more erect appearance. Breast lift operation includes moving the nipple upwards, removing excess skin, and reshaping the breast tissue.
Breast lift operation is performed under general anesthesia and its duration can vary between 2-4 hours. During the operation, the plastic surgeon applies appropriate techniques according to the condition and expectations of the patient’s breasts. Various incision methods can be used during the procedure.
Donut incision; It is a circular incision made around the nipple. This method is used in cases of mild sagging.
Lollipop incision; In addition to the donut incision around the nipple, a vertical incision is made downwards from the nipple. It is preferred in cases of moderate sagging.
Inverted T incision; In addition to the lollipop incision, a horizontal incision is made in the lower part of the breast. This method is used in cases of severe sagging.
After the incision is made, the nipple is moved up and excess skin is removed. By reshaping the breast tissue, a more erect and aesthetic appearance is achieved. If necessary, breast augmentation or reduction surgeries can also be performed together with the lift procedure. After the operation, the stitches are closed and a bandage is applied.
Who Can Have Breast Lift Operation?
Breast lift operation can usually be applied to people in the following situations;
- Women who experience sagging and volume loss in their breasts after birth and breastfeeding,
- For women who think that their breasts sag over time due to aging and gravity,
- For women who have saggy breasts due to genetic factors,
- and Women who experience sagging and volume loss in their breasts after weight loss,
It is important that the applicants for breast lift operation should be in good general health, non-smokers and have realistic expectations. In addition, the breast tissue and skin elasticity of the candidates should be suitable for the operation. The plastic surgeon evaluates the patient’s expectations and health status, determines the most appropriate techniques and methods and plans the operation process.
Is There Loss of Sensation After Breast Lift Operation?
A breast lift operation is a surgical procedure performed to eliminate the factors that cause sagging breasts and reshape the breast tissue. One of the important issues that some patients wonder about after this operation is whether there will be a loss of sensation.
Loss of sensation after a breast lift operation is associated with damage to the nerves during the operation. If the nerves are damaged or cut during the reshaping of the breast tissue during surgical intervention, loss of sensation may occur in and around the nipples. However, this situation carries a very low risk when performed by an experienced plastic surgeon with the surgical technique.
The majority of patients experience temporary loss of sensation after breast lift surgery. This condition improves over time with the reduction of postoperative swelling and bruising. However, loss of sensation may be permanent in some patients.
Before the breast lift operation, it is important for patients to share their concerns and questions with their plastic surgeons. By helping patients understand their expectations and risks, doctors can determine the most appropriate surgical method.
Recovery Process After Breast Lift Surgery
The recovery process after breast lift surgery may vary depending on the general health status of the patient, the complications experienced, and the extent of the surgery. Some points that patients should pay attention to during the healing process are as follows;
- It is normal to experience swelling, bruising, and pain in the breasts after surgery. These symptoms can be alleviated with painkillers and cold compresses prescribed by the doctor.
- During the healing process, patients should use a special bra for the period recommended by the doctor. This bra helps to maintain the shape of the breasts and reduces edema.
- It is important for patients to avoid heavy physical activities and exercises to avoid damaging the healing of the sutures after surgery.
- To reduce the risk of infection of the postoperative sutures, the hygiene rules recommended by the doctor should be followed.
During the healing process, it is important that patients go to the doctor regularly and follow the doctor’s recommendations.
How Long Does It Take To Return To Daily Life After Breast Lift Operation?
The time for patients to return to daily life after a breast lift operation varies depending on the extent of the surgery, the general health status of the patient, and the complications experienced. Generally, it is possible for patients to return to daily activities within 1-2 weeks after surgery. However, heavy physical activities and exercises should be avoided during this period.
The time required for patients to return to work varies depending on the degree of physical difficulty of their job. Patients working in office jobs can return to work within 1-2 weeks after surgery, while patients working in heavier physical jobs may need to wait for a period of 4-6 weeks.
The return to daily life after breast lift surgery should be planned in accordance with the doctor’s recommendations and it is important for patients to focus on recovery without straining themselves.
Breast Lift Treatment Prices in Turkey
Turkey has managed to announce its name to the world with its investments and studies in the field of health. Especially the latest technological devices used in diagnosis and treatment procedures have been a beacon of hope for many diseases. However, there has been an increase in health tourism in Türkiye.
- Hospitals are large, clean, spacious and fully equipped in terms of technological equipment.
- Turkish doctors are specialized, successful, and skilled in their fields.
- Nurses and carers are friendly and compassionate.
- Finding answers to the questions asked quickly and accurately.
- Patience and understanding of all staff, including the intermediary company dealing with the patient.
- Turkey offers holiday opportunities with its natural and historical beauties.
- Easy transportation.
- Diagnosis, treatment, accommodation, eating, drinking, dressing, and holiday needs can be met at affordable prices.
Such situations are shown among the reasons for preference. We can see that patients and their relatives who want to come to Turkey are doing research on Breast Lift Treatment Prices in Turkey. However, it would not be right to give clear price information at this stage. Many factors such as the type of disease, stage, diagnosis process, treatment process, and stay in Turkey affect the price issue. If you want to get more detailed price information, you can contact us. In addition, if you come to Turkey for treatment through us, we can facilitate your visa application process with the invitation letter sent by us to the consulate.
Prof.Dr. Ergün Dağlıoğlu (Eğitim Görevlisi), Beyin Cerrahı, Beyin Ve Sinir Cerrahisi
This post is also available in: Türkçe