Micro contouring or tooth filing is a minimally invasive dental procedure that gives teeth a smoother and more aesthetic appearance. This procedure helps to make the smile more attractive by slightly changing the shape and size of the teeth. Micro contouring corrects minor irregularities on the surface of the teeth and reduces the slight gaps between the teeth.
- What Is Micro Contouring or Tooth Contouring?
- Who Can Have Teeth Filing Procedure?
- How Is Tooth Contouring Done?
- Why Is Tooth Filing Done?
- Does Tooth Filing Damage Healthy Teeth?
- What Should Be Considered After Tooth Filing?
- Is There Any Pain During The Tooth Filing Process?
- Tooth Scaling Treatment Prices in Turkey
What Is Micro Contouring or Tooth Contouring?
Micro contouring is a procedure that makes small corrections on the surface and edges of the teeth, giving the teeth a smoother and more harmonious appearance. This procedure is painless and comfortable because it is performed only on the outer surface of the teeth. Tooth filing is used to correct the tapering ends of the teeth, reduce the slight gaps between the teeth and provide a more even alignment of the teeth.
Who Can Have Teeth Filing Procedure?
Tooth filing is generally preferred by people with minor irregularities, crowding, or slight gaps in their teeth. This procedure allows aesthetic corrections to be made without damaging the structure of the teeth. However, tooth filing may not be suitable for everyone. Especially for people with deep crowding, large tooth gaps, or severe damage to the tooth enamel, tooth filing is not recommended. In this case, the dentist may recommend orthodontic treatment or other restorative procedures.
How Is Tooth Contouring Done?
Tooth contouring is performed by a dentist and usually takes a single session. First, the dentist will examine your teeth and gums to assess your suitability for the procedure. Then, he or she uses a special file or sandpaper to make small corrections to the surface and edges of the teeth. By slightly changing the shape and size of your teeth, it provides a smoother and more aesthetic appearance.
After the procedure is complete, the dentist will clean and polish your teeth. Tooth contouring is usually painless and does not require anesthesia. You may experience sensitivity in your teeth after the procedure, but this will soon disappear.
Micro contouring or tooth filing is an effective procedure that provides a smoother and more aesthetic appearance of the teeth. However, this procedure may not be suitable for everyone and it is important to act according to your dentist’s recommendations. It is possible to beautify your smile and increase your self-confidence with tooth filling.
Why Is Tooth Filing Done?
Tooth filing is a common procedure in dentistry. It is performed to eliminate problems such as irregular shapes, surfaces, and gaps between the teeth. The tooth filing process allows the teeth to become aesthetically and functionally better. Some reasons why tooth filing is done are as follows;
- Some people clench and grind their teeth, especially during sleep. This can cause the teeth to wear and have irregular surfaces. Tooth filing is a procedure that smoothes these irregular surfaces and allows the teeth to close more smoothly.
- Crowded and irregular teeth can cause the teeth to rub against each other and wear down. Tooth filing is a procedure that corrects this situation and allows the teeth to line up more evenly.
- The formation of gaps between the teeth can cause the accumulation of food residues and the formation of dental caries. Tooth filing is a procedure that solves this problem by closing the gaps between the teeth.
- Irregular shapes and surfaces of the teeth can cause the person to be aesthetically unpleasant. Tooth filing provides a smoother and more aesthetic appearance of the teeth.
Does Tooth Filing Damage Healthy Teeth?
Tooth filing does not damage intact teeth when performed correctly and by an experienced dentist. The corrections made on the enamel layer of the teeth during the procedure are carried out in a way that does not harm the health of the teeth. However, excessive filing during the tooth filing process can cause sensitization of the teeth and other problems. For this reason, the dentist’s recommendations should be followed during the tooth filing process and the necessary care should be taken after the procedure.
The tooth filling process provides a better aesthetic and functional condition of the teeth. However, excessive filing during the procedure may cause sensitization of the teeth and other problems. For this reason, the recommendations of the dentist should be followed during the tooth filing process and the necessary care should be taken after the procedure.
What Should Be Considered After Tooth Filing?
Tooth filing is a procedure performed to correct irregularities and excess enamel between the teeth. This procedure is performed by the dentist using special tools and materials. After the tooth filing procedure, there are some important points to be considered for the health of the teeth and for the healing process to proceed quickly and smoothly.
- It is very important to pay attention to oral hygiene after the filing procedure. After the procedure, you should continue to brush your teeth regularly and clean between the teeth using dental floss.
- After the procedure, it is important to go to the control at the times recommended by your dentist in order to follow the healing process of the teeth.
- Sensitivity may occur in the teeth after the tooth filing process. In this case, you can use toothpaste specially produced for sensitive teeth. Also, avoiding hot and cold drinks for a while can help reduce sensitivity.
- Mild pain and swelling may occur after the procedure. In this case, you can use painkillers recommended by your dentist. You can also apply an ice compress to reduce swelling.
- Since sensitivity may occur in the teeth after the filing process, you should take care to consume soft and temperate foods in terms of temperature. Avoiding hard and crispy foods for a while can speed up the healing process of the teeth.
Is There Any Pain During The Tooth Filing Process?
The pain felt during the tooth filing process may vary from person to person. The instruments and techniques used during the procedure perform the filing process without damaging the enamel layer of the teeth. Therefore, mild discomfort is usually felt during the procedure, but no intense pain is experienced.
If pain is felt during the procedure, the dentist can make the procedure more comfortable by applying local anesthesia. You can also talk to your dentist before the filing procedure to share your concerns and get more information about the procedure.
The points to be considered after the tooth filing procedure can be listed as taking care of oral hygiene, regular check-ups with the dentist, paying attention to sensitivity and pain and paying attention to nutrition. The pain felt during the procedure is usually mild and can be controlled with local anesthesia if necessary.
Tooth Scaling Treatment Prices in Turkey
Turkey has managed to announce its name to the world with its investments and studies in the field of health. Especially the latest technological devices used in diagnosis and treatment procedures have been a beacon of hope for many diseases. However, there has been an increase in health tourism in Türkiye.
- Hospitals are large, clean, spacious and fully equipped in terms of technological equipment.
- Turkish doctors are specialized, successful, and skilled in their fields.
- Nurses and carers are friendly and compassionate.
- Finding answers to the questions asked quickly and accurately.
- Patience and understanding of all staff, including the intermediary company dealing with the patient.
- Turkey offers holiday opportunities with its natural and historical beauties.
- Easy transportation.
- Diagnosis, treatment, accommodation, eating, drinking, dressing, and holiday needs can be met at affordable prices.
Such situations are shown among the reasons for preference. We can see that patients and relatives of patients who want to come to Turkey are doing research about the prices of Tooth Crowning Treatment in Turkey. However, it would not be correct to give clear price information at this stage. Many factors such as the type of disease, stage, diagnosis process, treatment process, and stay in Türkiye affect the price issue. If you want to get more detailed price information, you can contact us. In addition, if you come to Turkey for treatment through us, we can facilitate your visa application process with the invitation letter sent by us to the consulate.
Prof.Dr. Ergün Dağlıoğlu (Eğitim Görevlisi), Beyin Cerrahı, Beyin Ve Sinir Cerrahisi
This post is also available in: Türkçe