Laparoscopic surgery is one of the most common and popular surgical methods today. Known as a minimally invasive method, laparoscopic surgery allows patients to have a faster recovery process and experience fewer complications. What Is Laparoscopic Surgery, Why Is It Performed And How Is It Applied? We will try to answer such curious questions in this article we have written for you.
- What Is Laparoscopic Surgery?
- Why Is Laparoscopic Surgery Performed?
- How Is Laparoscopic Surgery Performed?
- Which Diseases Does Laparoscopic Surgery Treat?
- What Are The Benefits of Laparoscopic Surgery?
- How Long Does Laparoscopic Surgery Take?
- What Are The Advantages of Laparoscopic Surgery?
- Laparoscopic Surgery Treatment Prices in Turkey
What Is Laparoscopic Surgery?
Laparoscopic surgery, also known as minimally invasive surgery, is a method that covers surgical procedures performed in the abdominal cavity. In this method, surgeons make small incisions in the abdominal wall and perform the surgery using a special telescopic camera called a laparoscope and surgical instruments. Laparoscopic surgery is less traumatic than traditional open surgery and helps patients recover faster.
Why Is Laparoscopic Surgery Performed?
Laparoscopic surgery can be applied to many different surgical procedures performed for various reasons. This method is used in many areas such as gallbladder surgeries, appendicitis surgeries, stomach and intestinal surgeries, infertility treatment, cyst and tumor removal, reflux surgeries, and obesity surgery. Laparoscopic surgery offers patients advantages such as faster recovery, less pain and complications, shorter hospital stay and less scarring.
How Is Laparoscopic Surgery Performed?
Laparoscopic surgery is usually performed under general anesthesia. The surgeon makes several millimeter incisions in the abdominal wall and inserts the laparoscope and surgical instruments. The laparoscope allows the surgeon to see the surgical field clearly on a large screen. This allows the surgeon to perform the operation in a more precise and controlled manner. After the necessary procedures are completed, the surgeon closes the incisions and the patient’s recovery process begins.
Laparoscopic surgery is a preferred method for many surgical procedures today. This method helps patients recover faster and experience fewer complications. However, since each patient’s condition is different, it is important to talk to your doctor to decide whether laparoscopic surgery is appropriate.
Which Diseases Does Laparoscopic Surgery Treat?
Laparoscopic surgery is known as a minimally invasive surgical method and offers less trauma to the patient, faster recovery, and fewer complications. This method is successfully used in the treatment of many diseases. Some diseases that can be treated with laparoscopic surgery are as follows;
- Gallbladder Diseases,
- Abdominal Hernia (Hernia) Treatment,
- Gastrointestinal Surgery,
- Gynecological Surgery,
- Urological Surgery,
- Cancer Surgery,
What Are The Benefits of Laparoscopic Surgery?
Laparoscopic surgery offers many advantages over open surgery. The benefits of laparoscopic surgery can be explained as follows;
- Laparoscopic surgery causes less pain than open surgery. In this way, the need for painkillers is reduced and the healing process is more comfortable.
- The recovery process of patients after laparoscopic surgery is faster than open surgery. Patients become mobile earlier and can return to their daily lives more quickly.
- The hospital stay of patients after laparoscopic surgery may be shorter than open surgery.
- Laparoscopic surgery reduces the risk of complications such as infection and bleeding.
- Laparoscopic surgery leaves fewer and smaller scars than open surgery. In this way, patients have better cosmetic results.
How Long Does Laparoscopic Surgery Take?
The duration of laparoscopic surgery varies depending on the type of operation, the patient’s condition, and the surgeon’s experience. Some simple laparoscopic surgery procedures can be completed in 30 minutes to 1 hour, while more complex procedures can take 2 to 4 hours. Most patients can be discharged the same day or the next day after laparoscopic surgery. However, in some cases, patients may need to stay in hospital for several days.
What Are The Advantages of Laparoscopic Surgery?
Laparoscopic surgery is considered a minimally invasive surgical method and has an important place in the rapidly developing medical field. It has many advantages compared to traditional open surgery. The advantages of laparoscopic surgery are as follows;
- Less pain,
- Shorter hospital stay,
- The faster healing process,
- Less risk of complications,
- Less scarring,
- Better imaging,
How Is The Recovery Process After Laparoscopic Surgery?
The recovery process after laparoscopic surgery may vary depending on the general health status of the patient, the type of procedure performed, and the experience of the surgeon. However, in general, the points to be considered in the recovery process after laparoscopic surgery are as follows;
Patients usually experience less pain and discomfort after laparoscopic surgery. However, pain control can still be achieved by using painkillers recommended by the doctor.
It is important to keep the wounds clean and dry after laparoscopic surgery. Dressings should be applied as recommended by the doctor and care should be taken for signs of infection.
After laparoscopic surgery, patients are recommended to start walking quickly and return to daily activities. However, heavy lifting and strenuous exercises should be avoided.
After laparoscopic surgery, it is important for patients to eat carefully. The diet program recommended by the doctor should be followed and easy-to-digest, light foods should be consumed.
After laparoscopic surgery, it is important that patients go to the doctor regularly. In this way, possible complications can be detected early and necessary measures can be taken.
Laparoscopic surgery is a minimally invasive surgical method that has many advantages for patients. The recovery process is faster and less painful, but it is important that patients pay attention to the doctor’s recommendations and manage the process carefully.
Laparoscopic Surgery Treatment Prices in Turkey
Turkey has managed to announce its name to the world with its investments and studies in the field of health. Especially the latest technological devices used in diagnosis and treatment procedures have been a beacon of hope for many diseases. However, there has been an increase in health tourism in Türkiye.
- Hospitals are large, clean, spacious and fully equipped in terms of technological equipment.
- Turkish doctors are specialized, successful, and skilled in their fields.
- Nurses and carers are friendly and compassionate.
- Finding answers to the questions asked quickly and accurately.
- Patience and understanding of all staff, including the intermediary company dealing with the patient.
- Turkey offers holiday opportunities with its natural and historical beauties.
- Easy transportation.
- Diagnosis, treatment, accommodation, eating, drinking, dressing, and holiday needs can be met at affordable prices.
Such situations are shown among the reasons for preference. We can see that patients and relatives of patients who want to come to Turkey are doing research on Laparoscopic Surgery Treatment Prices in Turkey. However, it would not be right to give clear price information at this stage.Türkiye’de Klinefelter Sendromu Tedavi Fiyatları Many factors such as the type of disease, stage, diagnosis process, treatment process, and stay in Türkiye affect the price issue. If you want to get more detailed price information, you can contact us. In addition, if you come to Turkey for treatment through us, we can facilitate your visa application process with the invitation letter sent by us to the consulate.
Prof.Dr. Ergün Dağlıoğlu (Eğitim Görevlisi), Beyin Cerrahı, Beyin Ve Sinir Cerrahisi
This post is also available in: Türkçe