Bridge tooth is a type of dental prosthesis that helps to correct chewing and speech functions by replacing missing teeth and at the same time eliminates aesthetic concerns. This treatment method is a method that is frequently preferred in the field of dentistry and successful results are obtained. Bridge dental treatment is performed with a structure built on the intact teeth around the missing teeth, thus restoring the function and appearance of the missing teeth. In this article we have written for you, we will try to give information about how bridge dental treatment is applied, its types and who can have this treatment.
- How Is Bridge Dental Treatment Applied?
- What Are Rhe Types of Bridge Teeth?
- Who Can Have Bridge Dental Treatment?
- In Which Cases Is A Bridge Tooth Performed?
- How Long Does A Bridge Tooth Last?
- Is Bridge Tooth Permanent?
- Does A Bridge Tooth Decay?
- What Should Be Considered After Dental Bridge Treatment?
- Dental Bridge Treatment Prices in Turkey
How Is Bridge Dental Treatment Applied?
Bridge dental treatment is performed by attaching the prosthesis, which will replace the missing teeth, to the intact teeth. Firstly, the intact teeth in the area of the missing tooth are prepared to support the bridge and the bridge structures prepared in the laboratory environment are placed on them by taking measurements. These structures are usually made of porcelain or metal alloy materials. After the bridge structures are prepared, the dentist places these structures in the missing tooth area and adheres them to the intact teeth. After this process, the patient obtains a function and aesthetic appearance similar to their natural teeth.
What Are Rhe Types of Bridge Teeth?
Bridge tooth types vary according to the materials used and application methods. here are basically three types of bridge teeth;
Traditional Bridge Tooth; In this method, porcelain or metal alloy structures are placed on the intact teeth on both sides of the missing tooth and a prosthetic tooth is added to the missing tooth area.
Cantilever Bridge Tooth; In this method, bridge structures are placed on the intact tooth on only one side of the missing tooth. This method is preferred in cases where there is only one intact tooth next to the missing tooth.
Maryland Bridge Tooth; In this method, the prosthetic tooth is attached to the intact teeth on both sides of the missing tooth with the help of metal or porcelain wings. This method allows less work to be done on the teeth and is a less invasive method.
Who Can Have Bridge Dental Treatment?
Bridge dental treatment can be applied in cases where missing teeth need to be replaced and the surrounding teeth are intact. Patients who want to have this treatment method should have intact teeth in the missing tooth area and these teeth should be in a condition to support the bridge structures. In addition, it is important for the patient to pay attention to oral hygiene and go to regular dentist controls in order for the treatment to be successful. Patients with conditions such as gum disease and jaw bone resorption should first have these problems treated.
In Which Cases Is A Bridge Tooth Performed?
Bridge tooth is a prosthetic treatment method used to replace missing teeth. This application, which is usually made with the support of neighboring teeth, is important both aesthetically and functionally. Bridge tooth is a preferred treatment option in the following cases;
- In case of tooth loss,
- In case of tooth decay,
- Periodontal diseases,
- Aesthetic concerns,
How Long Does A Bridge Tooth Last?
The lifetime of the bridge tooth may vary depending on the type of bridge, the material used, the oral hygiene of the patient, and the experience of the dentist. Generally, the lifespan of bridge teeth is between 10 and 15 years, but in some cases, it can be up to 20 years. The following measures can be taken to prolong the life of the bridge tooth;
- Regular brushing and flossing of the teeth prolong the life of the bridge tooth.
- It is important to go to regular dentist controls in order to use the bridge tooth in a healthy way.
- Avoiding hard and sticky foods prolongs the life of the bridge tooth.
- Alcohol and smoking harm both dental health and the life of the bridge tooth.
Is Bridge Tooth Permanent?
A bridge tooth is a prosthetic treatment method that replaces missing teeth and can be used for a long time with proper care and precautions. However, the life of the bridge tooth is limited and may need to be renewed after a certain period of time. For this reason, the bridge tooth should be considered as a long-term treatment method, not as a permanent solution. The permanence and lifetime of the bridge tooth depend on the oral hygiene of the patient, the experience of the dentist and the area where the bridge tooth is made.
Does A Bridge Tooth Decay?
A bridge tooth is a prosthetic tooth that replaces missing teeth and fills the deficiency aesthetically and functionally. Bridge teeth are placed to support neighboring teeth or implants. Although the risk of decay of bridge teeth is lower compared to natural teeth, the risk of decay is not completely eliminated. Therefore, it is important to pay attention to the care and cleaning of the bridge teeth.
The risk of decay of bridge teeth is related to the natural teeth or implants supporting the bridge. The natural teeth under the bridge teeth are at risk of decay and this can shorten the life of the bridge teeth. In addition, plaque and tartar build-up around the bridge teeth can lead to gum disease and negatively affect the success of the dental bridge.
The following measures should be taken to minimize the risk of decay of the bridge teeth;
- Regular tooth brushing,
- Use of dental floss,
- Use of mouthwash,
- Regular visits to the dentist,
What Should Be Considered After Dental Bridge Treatment?
After dental bridge treatment, there are some points to be considered for the bridge teeth to be long-lasting and healthy;
- Oral hygiene should be taken care of for the health of the dental bridge and natural teeth. The habit of brushing teeth at least twice a day, flossing and using mouthwash should be acquired.
- You can reduce the risk of decay of the dental bridge and natural teeth by avoiding sugary, acidic and hard foods.
- Smoking and alcohol consumption damage oral health and may adversely affect the success of the dental bridge. Therefore, their consumption should be limited or completely stopped.
- For the health of the dental bridge and natural teeth, regular dental check-ups should be performed. The dentist will make the treatment process more successful by detecting problems that may occur early.
- It is normal to experience pain and sensitivity after dental bridge treatment. However, if this situation lasts for a long time or becomes severe, a dentist should be consulted.
There is a risk of decay of the bridge teeth and this risk can be minimized with proper care and precautions. After dental bridge treatment, you can ensure that the dental bridge is successful and long-lasting by paying attention to oral hygiene, adopting healthy eating habits and going to regular dental check-ups.
Dental Bridge Treatment Prices in Turkey
Turkey has managed to announce its name to the world with its investments and studies in the field of health. Especially the latest technological devices used in diagnosis and treatment procedures have been a beacon of hope for many diseases. However, there has been an increase in health tourism in Türkiye.
- Hospitals are large, clean, spacious and fully equipped in terms of technological equipment.
- Turkish doctors are specialized, successful, and skilled in their fields.
- Nurses and carers are friendly and compassionate.
- Finding answers to the questions asked quickly and accurately.
- Patience and understanding of all staff, including the intermediary company dealing with the patient.
- Turkey offers holiday opportunities with its natural and historical beauties.
- Easy transportation.
- Diagnosis, treatment, accommodation, eating, drinking, dressing, and holiday needs can be met at affordable prices.
Such situations are shown among the reasons for preference. We can see that patients and relatives of patients who want to come to Turkey are doing research on Bridge Dental Treatment Prices in Turkey. However, it would not be right to give clear price information at this stage.Türkiye’de Klinefelter Sendromu Tedavi Fiyatları Many factors such as the type of disease, stage, diagnosis process, treatment process, and stay in Türkiye affect the price issue. If you want to get more detailed price information, you can contact us. In addition, if you come to Turkey for treatment through us, we can facilitate your visa application process with the invitation letter sent by us to the consulate.
Prof.Dr. Ergün Dağlıoğlu (Eğitim Görevlisi), Beyin Cerrahı, Beyin Ve Sinir Cerrahisi
This post is also available in: Türkçe