Ureterovesical stenosis (UV stenosis) is an important problem in the urinary system and requires effective treatment. This condition occurs as a result of narrowing or obstruction in the connection between the ureter, which allows urine to be expelled from the body, and the bladder. UV stenosis can lead to irregular urine flow and impaired kidney function. In this article we have written for you, we will try to explain the causes and symptoms of UV narrowing.
- What is Ureterovesical Stenosis (UV Stenosis)?
- What are the Causes of UV (Ureterovesical) Stenosis?
- What are the Symptoms of UV (Ureterovesical) Stenosis?
- What are UV (Ureterovesical) Stenosis Diagnostic Methods?
- UV (Ureterovesical) Stenosis Treatment and Surgery
- Healing Process After UV (Ureterovesical) Stenosis Surgery
- Ureterovesical Stenosis (UV Stenosis) Treatment Prices in Turkey
What is Ureterovesical Stenosis (UV Stenosis)?
Ureterovesical stenosis is the narrowing or obstruction of the urinary canal called the ureter at the point where it meets the urinary bladder. Because of this narrowing, urine cannot flow properly from the kidneys to the bladder and a back pressure is created. This can cause damage to the kidneys and impaired function. UV stenosis can be congenital or develop later and can be seen in any age group.
What are the Causes of UV (Ureterovesical) Stenosis?
The causes of UV stenosis can be listed as follows;
- In some individuals, congenital UV stricture may occur due to problems during the development of the ureter.
- Damage to the area between the ureter and bladder as a result of an accident, fall, or surgical intervention can lead to UV stenosis.
- Inflammatory diseases occurring in the urinary system can lead to tissue damage that can lead to UV stricture formation.
- Tumors that develop around the ureter or bladder may cause compression and narrowing of these structures, resulting in UV stenosis.
- Stones formed in the urinary system may contribute to the development of UV stricture by causing obstruction and narrowing of the ureter.
What are the Symptoms of UV (Ureterovesical) Stenosis?
UV stenosis symptoms include;
- Back or abdominal pain,
- Pain when urinating,
- Increased frequency of urination,
- Blood in the urine,
- Fever and chills,
UV stenosis to apply to a urology specialist and initiate the necessary examination and treatment processes. Early diagnosis and treatment are of great importance in terms of preserving kidney functions and increasing the quality of life.
What are UV (Ureterovesical) Stenosis Diagnostic Methods?
The methods used for the diagnosis of UV stenosis are:
As a first step, doctors usually take an ultrasound image of the kidneys and urinary tract. This method shows if there are any obstructions to the flow of urine and helps detect abnormalities such as enlargement of the kidneys.
With the Intravenous Pyelography (IVP) method, a liquid containing contrast material is injected into the patient and an X-ray is taken. The contrast agent becomes evident on X-ray images, which show whether there are any strictures or obstructions in the urinary tract.
Computed Tomography (CT) Urography works similarly to IVP but uses computed tomography to obtain more detailed images. In this way, ureterovesical stenosis can be detected more clearly.
With the retrograde pyelography method, a thin catheter is inserted from the bladder to the ureter and contrast material is injected. X-rays are then taken and the ureterovesical stenosis is detected.
With the cystoscopy method, a thin, flexible tube (cystoscope) is inserted from the urethra to the bladder. This tube allows the doctor to observe the mouth of the bladder and ureter and the stenosis is detected.
UV (Ureterovesical) Stenosis Treatment and Surgery
Treatment of UV stenosis varies depending on the severity of the stenosis and the general health of the patient. Treatment options include;
- Balloon Dilatation,
- Endoscopic Intervention,
- Open Surgery,
Healing Process After UV (Ureterovesical) Stenosis Surgery
The recovery process after UV stenosis surgery varies depending on the butler and the general health of the patient. The points to be considered in the recovery process are as follows;
Post-operative pain and discomfort can be controlled with prescribed pain relievers. Ice application and adequate rest also aid recovery.
In the postoperative period, a temporary ureteral stent or nephrostomy tube can be used until the urine flow improves. These tools help the urine flow properly.
The patient can increase the activity level according to the surgeon’s recommendations. Usually, it is possible to return to normal activities within a few weeks after surgery.
In the post-operative period, it is important to go to regular follow-up visits by the doctor. During these visits, the healing process is evaluated and early detection of any complications is ensured.
Recovery after UV stricture surgery is usually successful and the majority of patients return to normal urine flow. However, just as any surgery has risks, this surgery can have complications. Therefore, it is important to best manage the healing process by following the doctor’s recommendations.
Ureterovesical Stenosis (UV Stenosis) Treatment Prices in Turkey
Turkey has succeeded in making its name known to the world with its investments and Especially the latest technological devices used in diagnosis and treatment procedures have been a beacon of hope for many diseases. However, there has been an increase in health tourism in Türkiye.
- Hospitals are large, clean, spacious and fully equipped in terms of technological equipment.
- Turkish doctors are specialized, successful, and skilled in their fields.
- Nurses and carers are friendly and compassionate.
- Finding answers to the questions asked quickly and accurately.
- Patience and understanding of all staff, including the intermediary company dealing with the patient.
- Turkey offers holiday opportunities with its natural and historical beauties.
- Easy transportation.
- Diagnosis, treatment, accommodation, eating, drinking, dressing, and holiday needs can be met at affordable prices.
Such situations are shown among the reasons for preference. We can see that patients and their relatives who want to come to Turkey are doing research on Ureterovesical Stenosis (UV Stenosis) Treatment Prices in Turkey. However, it would not be correct to give clear price information at this stage. Many factors such as the type of disease, stage, diagnosis process, treatment process, and stay in Türkiye affect the price issue. If you want to get more detailed price information, you can contact us. In addition, if you come to Turkey for treatment through us, we can facilitate your visa application process with the invitation letter sent by us to the consulate.
Prof.Dr. Ergün Dağlıoğlu (Eğitim Görevlisi), Beyin Cerrahı, Beyin Ve Sinir Cerrahisi
This post is also available in: Türkçe