Chiropractic treatment is an alternative medicine method aimed at improving spine and joint health in the body. This treatment focuses in particular on solving pain and mobility problems. Millions of people worldwide aim to improve their quality of life by resorting to chiropractic treatment methods. In this article we have written for you, the basic issues that need to be known about chiropractic treatment will be discussed.
- What is Chiropractic Treatment?
- What Does Chiropractic Treatment Do?
- Where Is Chiropractic Treatment Used?
- Who Can Receive Chiropractic Treatment?
- How Is Chiropractic Treatment Applied?
- How Is Chiropractic Treatment Applied?
- How Does Chiropractic Treatment Differ From Physiotherapy?
- Are There Risks to Chiropractic Treatment?
- Chiropractic Treatment Prices in Turkey
What is Chiropractic Treatment?
Chiropractic treatment includes manual therapy methods to ensure that the spine and joints work harmoniously. Doctors of chiropractic apply correction and manipulation techniques for the spine and joints to relieve patients’ pain and movement limitations. These methods often improve patients’ energy levels and quality of life.
What Does Chiropractic Treatment Do?
Chiropractic treatment aims to achieve harmony between the nervous system and the musculoskeletal system in the body. In this way, it is aimed to reduce pain and movement restrictions. In addition, the body’s natural healing processes are supported by chiropractic treatment methods. This treatment is especially good for back, neck, head, and joint pain. It is also used as an effective treatment method for sports injuries.
Where Is Chiropractic Treatment Used?
Chiropractic treatment is usually used in the following cases;
- Back and neck pain,
- Joint pains,
- Sports injuries,
- Posture disorders,
Chiropractic treatment is an effective alternative medicine method for relieving pain and movement limitations in the body. With this treatment, the body’s natural healing processes are supported and quality of life can be improved.
Who Can Receive Chiropractic Treatment?
Chiropractic treatment is a natural and drug-free treatment method that focuses specifically on musculoskeletal and nervous system problems. Professionals who apply this treatment method are called “chiropractors”. Chiropractors are licensed healthcare professionals who have successfully completed chiropractic education and certification programs.
Chiropractors usually work in private clinics or hospitals and offer their patients services such as manual therapy, spinal manipulations, treatment of muscle and joint disorders. They also provide their patients with preventive and supportive treatments such as lifestyle changes, exercise, and nutritional advice.
How Is Chiropractic Treatment Applied?
Chiropractic treatment can be applied to people who have various health problems and want to improve their quality of life. Some situations where chiropractic treatment is beneficial can be listed as follows;
- People with back and neck pain,
- For headaches and migraines,
- For those who have suffered sports injuries,
- For those who experience discomfort during pregnancy,
- For children and young people,
How Is Chiropractic Treatment Applied?
Chiropractic treatment is planned individually according to the patient’s complaints and health status. The basic stages of the chiropractic treatment process are as follows;
- Firstly, the chiropractor evaluates the patient’s medical history and complaints. If necessary, he performs a more detailed examination using imaging methods such as X-ray and MRI.
- As a result of the evaluation, the chiropractor identifies the patient’s problem and creates an appropriate treatment plan.
- The chiropractor makes adjustments to the patient’s spine and joints to reduce pain and increase mobility. These adjustments are usually applied with controlled and rapid movements.
- During the chiropractic treatment process, supportive therapies are also applied to improve the patient’s lifestyle and health status. These include exercise programs, nutritional advice and stress management techniques.
- Throughout the treatment process, the patient’s condition is regularly assessed and necessary adjustments are made. In addition, the patient’s adoption of lifestyle changes and compliance with the treatment process also plays an important role.
How Does Chiropractic Treatment Differ From Physiotherapy?
Both chiropractic treatment and physiotherapy are non-drug and non-surgical treatment methods that aim to improve patients’ pain and mobility. Both disciplines work towards supporting the body’s natural healing processes and aim to improve the quality of life of patients. However, there are important differences between chiropractic treatment and physiotherapy.
- The difference in Approach; Chiropractic treatment focuses specifically on the spine and nervous system. Doctors of chiropractic use manual manipulations and adjustments to ensure correct alignment of the spine and optimize nervous system functions. Physiotherapy, on the other hand, focuses on a wide range of musculoskeletal and movement disorders. Physiotherapists apply exercise, stretching and manual therapy techniques to increase the mobility and function of patients.
- Education Difference; Doctors of chiropractic and physiotherapists are trained through different educational programs and licensing requirements. Doctors of chiropractic usually complete a four-year chiropractic education program and take exams to obtain a license. Physiotherapists complete a three-year physiotherapy training program and pass their own licensing exams.
- Treatment Methods; In chiropractic treatment, spine and joint manipulations are the main treatment method. Doctors of chiropractic reduce pain and increase mobility by manually adjusting patients’ spines and joints. Physiotherapy, on the other hand, offers a wider range of treatments. Physiotherapists use a variety of treatment methods such as exercise programs, stretching and mobilization techniques, massage and electrical stimulation according to the condition and needs of the patients.
Are There Risks to Chiropractic Treatment?
Chiropractic treatment is generally considered a safe and effective treatment method. However, as with any medical intervention, there are some risks in chiropractic treatment. These risks include the following;
- Since chiropractic doctors concentrate on the spine and nervous system, they can in some cases misdiagnose patients’ conditions. Therefore, before starting chiropractic treatment, it is important for patients to choose an experienced and licensed chiropractic doctor who evaluates their condition and determines the appropriate treatment methods.
- Manual manipulations and adjustments used in chiropractic treatment can, in some cases, cause injuries to patients. This risk is especially higher for elderly patients, patients with osteoporosis and patients with certain medical conditions. It is therefore important that patients meet with a doctor of chiropractic who assesses their medical history and risk factors before starting treatment.
- Some patients may experience temporary pain and discomfort after chiropractic treatment. This is usually considered a natural side effect of treatment and is expected to be short-lived. However, if pain and discomfort persist, it is important for patients to see a doctor of chiropractic who will assess their condition and review their treatment plan.
Chiropractic treatment and physiotherapy are different disciplines that aim to improve patients’ pain and mobility. Both treatment methods offer certain advantages and risks. It is important for patients to work with experienced and licensed health professionals who evaluate treatment options and determine appropriate treatment plans.
Chiropractic Treatment Prices in Turkey
Turkey has managed to announce its name to the world with its investments and studies in the field of health. Especially the latest technological devices used in diagnosis and treatment procedures have been a beacon of hope for many diseases. However, there has been an increase in health tourism in Türkiye.
- Hospitals are large, clean, spacious and fully equipped in terms of technological equipment.
- Turkish doctors are specialized, successful, and skilled in their fields.
- Nurses and carers are friendly and compassionate.
- Finding answers to the questions asked quickly and accurately.
- Patience and understanding of all staff, including the intermediary company dealing with the patient.
- Turkey offers holiday opportunities with its natural and historical beauties.
- Easy transportation.
- Diagnosis, treatment, accommodation, eating, drinking, dressing, and holiday needs can be met at affordable prices.
Such situations are shown among the reasons for preference. Regarding chiropractic treatment prices in Turkey, we can see that patients and their relatives who want to come to Turkey are doing research. However, it would not be right to give clear price information at this stage. Many factors such as the type of disease, stage, diagnosis process, treatment process, and stay in Türkiye affect the price issue. If you want to get more detailed price information, you can contact us. In addition, if you come to Turkey for treatment through us, we can facilitate your visa application process with the invitation letter sent by us to the consulate.
Prof.Dr. Ergün Dağlıoğlu (Eğitim Görevlisi), Beyin Cerrahı, Beyin Ve Sinir Cerrahisi
This post is also available in: Türkçe