Rhabdomyolysis is a serious medical condition characterized by the rapid destruction of muscle cells and the release of their contents into the bloodstream. This can lead to serious complications such as kidney failure and electrolyte imbalance. Rhabdomyolysis can occur for various reasons and is an emergency condition that requires rapid diagnosis and treatment. In this article we have written for you, we will try to give general information about rhabdomyolysis, how it develops and its causes.
What Is Rhabdomyolysis?
Rhabdomyolysis is a condition characterized by the rapid breakdown of muscle tissue and the mixing of proteins, enzymes and electrolytes contained in muscle cells into the blood. This can result in damage to the kidneys by a muscle protein called myoglobin, leading to kidney failure. It can also cause electrolyte imbalances such as hyperkalaemia, hypokalaemia and hypocalcaemia.
How Does Rhabdomyolysis Develop?
Rhabdomyolysis is usually caused by factors such as trauma, infection, drugs or genetic diseases that damage muscle cells. Damage to muscle cells causes cell contents to enter the bloodstream and muscle protein called myoglobin to damage the kidneys. This can lead to kidney failure and electrolyte imbalances.
What Are The Causes of Rhabdomyolysis?
Among the causes of rhabdomyolysis are the following;
- Situations such as accidents, falls or severe blows can lead to destruction of muscle cells and rhabdomyolysis.
- Intense and prolonged exercise can cause muscle cell destruction and rhabdomyolysis.
- Certain medications, alcohol and drugs can damage muscle cells and lead to rhabdomyolysis.
- Viral, bacterial or parasitic infections can damage muscle cells and cause rhabdomyolysis.
- Excessive increase in body temperature and dehydration can lead to destruction of muscle cells and rhabdomyolysis.
- Some muscle diseases and metabolic disorders can cause destruction of muscle cells and rhabdomyolysis.
Rhabdomyolysis is a serious and potentially life-threatening condition. Therefore, early diagnosis and treatment are vital. People experiencing severe muscle pain, dark urine and muscle weakness, which are symptoms of rhabdomyolysis, should seek urgent medical attention.
What Are The Symptoms of Rhabdomyolysis?
Symptoms of rhabdomyolysis may vary from person to person, but the following symptoms are usually observed:
- Muscle pain,
- Muscle weakness,
- Dark urine, Pay,
- Shortness of breath,
- Fatigue and weakness,
- Fever and chills,
How Is Rhabdomyolysis Diagnosed?
Rhabdomyolysis can be diagnosed by observing suspicious symptoms and laboratory tests. The following steps are followed in the diagnosis process;
- Physical examination,
- Blood tests,
- Urine tests,
- Imaging methods,
- Muscle biopsy
How Is Rhabdomyolysis Treated?
The treatment of rhabdomyolysis varies depending on the condition of the patient and the severity of the disease. Generally, the following treatment methods are applied;
The most important step in the treatment of rhabdomyolysis is for the patient to take enough fluid. This helps prevent kidney damage by accelerating the kidneys’ excretion of myoglobin and other toxins.
Potassium and other electrolyte imbalances may occur in rhabdomyolysis. Fluids containing electrolytes can be given to the patient to correct this situation.
If kidney damage has occurred, kidney function is restored by methods such as dialysis.
Painkillers recommended by the doctor can be used to control muscle pain.
Physiotherapy applications may be recommended for the patient to regain muscle strength and mobility.
If rhabdomyolysis is the result of another disease or condition, it is important to treat these causes. For example, measures are taken to treat causes such as infections, trauma or drug use.
Rhabdomyolysis Treatment Prices in Turkey
Turkey has managed to announce its name to the world with its investments and studies in the field of health. Especially the latest technological devices used in diagnosis and treatment procedures have been a beacon of hope for many diseases. However, there has been an increase in health tourism in Türkiye.
- Hospitals are large, clean, spacious and fully equipped in terms of technological equipment.
- Turkish doctors are specialized, successful, and skilled in their fields.
- Nurses and carers are friendly and compassionate.
- Finding answers to the questions asked quickly and accurately.
- Patience and understanding of all staff, including the intermediary company dealing with the patient.
- Turkey offers holiday opportunities with its natural and historical beauties.
- Easy transportation.
- Diagnosis, treatment, accommodation, eating, drinking, dressing, and holiday needs can be met at affordable prices.
Such situations are shown among the reasons for preference. Regarding Rhabdomyolysis Treatment Prices in Turkey, we can see that patients and their relatives who want to come to Turkey are doing research. However, it would not be correct to give clear price information at this stage. Many factors such as the type of disease, stage, diagnosis process, treatment process, and stay in Türkiye affect the price issue. If you want to get more detailed price information, you can contact us. In addition, if you come to Turkey for treatment through us, we can facilitate your visa application process with the invitation letter sent by us to the consulate.
Prof.Dr. Ergün Dağlıoğlu (Eğitim Görevlisi), Beyin Cerrahı, Beyin Ve Sinir Cerrahisi
This post is also available in: Türkçe