In order for human life to continue without any problems, the body must work in its normal routine course. The slightest disruption in the body can complicate the life of the person, and even result in death. In order to avoid this situation, the person should know his body well and notice the symptoms immediately. The heart, kidneys and lungs are organs that cause serious complications when they fail to work. Among them, of course, are the intestines. Disruptions in the intestines, which are very beneficial to the immune system, can threaten the person’s life. One of the disruptions that may occur is Intestinal Knotting (Intestinal Obstruction). So, what is this disease, who has it, how is it treated, let’s find out together.
- What is Intestinal Knotting (Intestinal Obstruction)?
- What Causes Intestinal Knotting (Intestinal Obstruction)?
- What are the Symptoms of Intestinal Knotting (Intestinal Obstruction)?
- How is Intestinal Knotting (Intestinal Obstruction) Diagnosed?
- How is Intestinal Knotting (Intestinal Obstruction) Treatment?
- Intestinal Knotting in Babies (Intestinal Obstruction)
- What Causes Intestinal Knotting (Intestinal Obstruction) in Babies?
- Intestinal Knotting (Intestinal Obstruction) Symptoms in Babies
- Nutrition After Bowel Knot Surgery
- Is Bowel Knot Deadly?
- What are the Risk Factors of Intestinal Occlusion?
- Intestinal Knotting (Intestinal Obstruction) Treatment Prices in Turkey
What is Intestinal Knotting (Intestinal Obstruction)?
Intestinal knotting, also known as intestinal obstruction, is the abnormal turning and positioning of the intestines in the person’s body from their normal order. In other words, it rotates around itself like a knot. Intestinal obstruction is called Volvulus in the medical field. What is Intestinal Knotting (Intestinal Obstruction) can be briefly explained in this way.
Intestinal obstruction is seen in infants as well as adults. The symptoms of this disease may occur suddenly, as well as slowly, with a severe course. It is important to go to the hospital quickly after the given and seen symptoms. If left untreated, it can even cost a person’s life.
What Causes Intestinal Knotting (Intestinal Obstruction)?
The question of What Causes Intestinal Knotting (Intestinal Obstruction) is wondered by many people. There are some factors that can cause this disease. But it is important in which bowel the obstruction occurs. The causes of blockages in the intestines may vary depending on the location. We can briefly list the reasons as follows:
Causes of Obstruction in the Small Intestines:
- Obstructions caused by adhesions after intra-abdominal surgeries
- Obstructions caused by hernia
- Obstructions caused by hernia
- Blockages caused by cancerous cells, i.e. tumors
- Obstructions caused by inflammatory diseases
Causes of Obstruction in the Large Intestines:
- Blockages caused by cancer
- Occlusions caused by volvulus, or knotting
- Obstructions caused by hernia
- Obstructions caused by adhesions in the intestines
- Obstructions caused by strictures
What are the Symptoms of Intestinal Knotting (Intestinal Obstruction)?
When we wonder what are the Symptoms of Intestinal Knotting (Intestinal Obstruction), we can see that the symptoms appear suddenly and severely. In some cases, the symptoms may progress slowly, but they are usually sudden and painful. We can list the symptoms of this disease in adults and children as follows:
- Abdominal pain that develops suddenly and continues severely,
- shock occurrence
- Swelling in the abdomen of the person
- Inability to get gas
- Inability to defecate
- The feeling of nausea and vomiting that occurs in the person
- Blood in the stool during defecation
- body fluid loss
- High fever
In addition to these, the symptoms of intestinal knotting in children that we will talk about are as follows:
- Severe crying of babies or children
- Complaints of restlessness in infants and children
- Difficulty in feeding by suckling
- Diarrhea complaint in infants and children
- Seeing sleepiness
- signs of accelerated breathing
How is Intestinal Knotting (Intestinal Obstruction) Diagnosed?
As a result of the sudden symptoms after the knotting in the intestines, the diagnosis process begins after visiting the doctor After first examining the patient physically, the doctor also listens to the past health histories of himself and his family. After this stage, we can explain how the Diagnosis of Intestinal Knotting (Intestinal Obstruction) is made as follows:
- The doctor may request some tests and examinations from the patient
- Blood test can be done
- May request a stool test
- May request a computed tomography imaging method
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy diagnostic method may be requested
How is Intestinal Knotting (Intestinal Obstruction) Treatment?
After the diagnosis process, we can explain how the Intestinal Knot (Intestinal Occlusion) Treatment is for the patient who was diagnosed with intestinal knotting as follows:
After diagnosing intestinal knotting, it should be learned where and why it is knotted. In cases where medical treatment is possible, the patient can regain his health after the drug treatment performed by specialist and experienced physicians.
However, in some cases, this problem is solved with a surgical operation. At this stage, experienced and expert doctors are still needed. This disease, which can result in death if not treated, is one of the conditions that should be taken seriously.
Intestinal Knotting in Babies (Intestinal Obstruction)
Although its incidence is low in newborn babies, the incidence of Intestinal Knotting (Intestinal Obstruction) in infants increases between 6-12 months, with the transition to additional food. It usually occurs when the intestines turn and twist abnormally in some way. Most of the surgeries performed in babies under the age of 1 are as a result of intestinal knotting.
What Causes Intestinal Knotting (Intestinal Obstruction) in Babies?
What Causes Intestinal Knotting (Intestinal Obstruction) in Babies is mostly wondered by mothers. We can briefly explain the reasons for this as follows:
- Increased bowel movements
- Thickening and swelling in the small intestine due to any infectious disease
- polyps in the intestine
- Presence of hernia
- Adhesion in the intestine after the surgery
- Crohn’s disease
Intestinal Knotting (Intestinal Obstruction) Symptoms in Babies
Intestinal Knotting in Babies (Intestinal Obstruction) Symptoms can be briefly explained as follows:
- Anorexia in infants
- Pulling the feet to the abdomen during pain
- being constipated
- vomiting complaint
- Swelling in the abdomen
- Immobility in the intestines
- Gas pains and the inability to remove this gas
- Bleeding from the breech region
Nutrition After Bowel Knot Surgery
After Intestinal Knot Surgery Nutrition should be carefully and under the control of a doctor. Foods that are easy to digest should be preferred. At this stage, it will be beneficial to meet with a specialist dietitian and arrange your nutrition accordingly.
Is Bowel Knot Deadly?
It would not be correct to give a clear answer to the question of Is Intestinal Knotting Fatal? However, intestinal knotting, which is a very serious and important disease, can cause serious complications. For this reason, as soon as you feel the symptoms, you should apply to specialist and experienced doctors without losing any time.
What are the Risk Factors of Intestinal Occlusion?
What are the Risk Factors of Intestinal Obstruction can be briefly listed as follows:
- Abdominal surgeries
- hernia in the abdominal wall
- Hernia in the groin
- Crohn’s Disease
- Radiation taken to the abdomen
- Swallowing foreign bodies
Intestinal Knotting (Intestinal Obstruction) Treatment Prices in Turkey
Turkey is frequently mentioned with its high success in the treatment of many diseases. The rate of success of the treatments has increased the visits to Turkey for treatment considerably. There are a number of reasons for these choices. We can explain these reasons to you as follows:
- High success of diagnosis and treatments
- The use of current and modern methods in the identification and treatment process
- Hospitals are developed and spacious
- Doctors are experts in their field
- Nurses are experts in their field
- To be understanding and helpful of all the staff dealing with the patient
- Having holiday opportunities in Turkey
- Affordable treatment and personal expenses in Turkey
Intestinal Knotting (Intestinal Obstruction) Treatment Prices in Turkey are among the subjects that patients are most curious about before coming to the country. However, it is not possible to give a clear price information at this stage. Variations in price are possible, as the diagnosis and treatment process may differ. In line with these conditions, you can contact us for answering all questions in your mind and for detailed price information. In addition, if you come to Turkey through us for treatment, we can facilitate your visa procedures with the invitation letter we send to the consulate.
Prof.Dr. Ergün Dağlıoğlu (Eğitim Görevlisi), Beyin Cerrahı, Beyin Ve Sinir Cerrahisi