One of the areas that sustain people’s lives, facilitate their lives and are of vital importance is the head and neck regions. While these regions continue their normal working course in our daily life, they are the places that show themselves immediately in the slightest disease and give symptoms. Head and Neck Tumors (Cancer) occur especially in these regions. If it is diagnosed early, treatment can be started sooner and the chance of survival is higher. So, what are these cancers and how they are treated, let’s find out together.
- What is Head and Neck Cancer?
- What Causes Head and Neck Cancers?
- What are the Symptoms of Head and Neck Cancers?
- How is Head and Neck Cancer Diagnosed?
- How is Head and Neck Cancer Treated?
- What are the Types of Head and Neck Cancer?
- Head and Neck Cancer Stages
- Head and Neck Cancer Risk Factors
- Head and Neck Cancer Treatment Prices in Turkey
What is Head and Neck Cancer?
The question of what is Head and Neck Tumors (Cancer) can be briefly answered as follows. Located in the head and neck region of our body:
- the base of the mouth
- the upper parts of the throat
- Nasal passage
- salivary glands
It can be defined as the types of cancer that affect more areas than this and occur after the cells here leave their normal course and reproduce abnormally and multiply.
As in all cancer types, the most important stage in this type of cancer is the early diagnosis stage. Cancer that is detected early can be treated and destroyed quickly.
What Causes Head and Neck Cancers?
Among the most curious topics by everyone is the question of What is the Cause of Head and Neck Cancers. There is no clear main cause of this disease. We can briefly list some of the reasons for you as follows:
- age and gender factor
- Severe alcohol and cigarette consumption
- Unhealthy eating
- Presence of some bacteria and viruses
- sexually transmitted HPV virus
Many factors can be counted among the causes of this disease
What are the Symptoms of Head and Neck Cancers?
- Edema and swelling in the head and neck region of the person
- Swelling in and around the eyes of the person
- Numbness and tingling sensation in the mouth area
- muting the sound
- Difficulty in swallowing
- severe cough
- Difficulty in breathing
- Wounds around the mouth
- Pain in the ear, ringing sound, and decreased hearing
How is Head and Neck Cancer Diagnosed?
As we said in head and neck cancers, the most important stage is early diagnosis. Early diagnosis plays an important role in the recovery process of many types of cancer. So, how is the diagnosis made after the symptoms occur, how the doctor determines that the patient has cancer, let’s find out together.
How to Diagnose Head and Neck Cancers:
- With physical examination
- By physical examination of the neck and head region
- With the endoscopy method
- With a blood test
- With the urine test
- with x-ray
- with MRI
- With the Computed Tomography method
- with biopsy
How is Head and Neck Cancer Treated?
As in many diseases, the treatment method to be applied in the treatment of tumors and cancers in the head and neck region varies according to the disease and the patient. So, how to treat Head and Neck Cancers, let’s examine it together.
One of the most important factors in the treatment of this disease is where the disease occurs in the head and neck region. At this stage, changes may occur in the treatment methods to be used. In addition, other factors affecting the treatment process and course, such as the age of the person, the stage of the disease, the extent to which the disease harms the patient, and the patient’s past health history, affect the treatment process. However, in general, it is aimed to improve the patient by using one or more treatment methods such as surgical operations, chemotherapy treatment, radiotherapy treatment.
What are the Types of Head and Neck Cancer?
What are Head and Neck Cancer Types can be briefly listed as follows:
- Oral Cancer
- Pharyngeal Cancer
- Lip and Oral Cavity Cancer
- Nasal (Nasopharyngeal) Cancer
- Throat (Larynx) Cancer
- Salivary Gland Cancer
Head and Neck Cancer Stages
Head and Neck Cancer Stages are related to the region of the head and neck where the cancer occurs in the person’s body. Although it is not correct to give clear information about the stages at this stage, the stages are generally examined in 4 stages.
By making early diagnosis in stage 1 cancers, it is possible to save the life of the person and progress easily. However, in stage 4 cancers, cancer involvement has spread to many different organs and can be considered a stage that is very difficult to treat .
Head and Neck Cancer Risk Factors
- Alcohol and cigarette use
- personal oral care
Head and Neck Cancer Treatment Prices in Turkey
As in many other fields, Turkey has succeeded in making its name known to the whole world with its innovations, investments and treatments that resulted in superior success in the field of medicine. Innovations made in both the technological and medical fields were combined by scientists to create inventions that all citizens of the world would benefit from. First of all, Turkish doctors were admired and appreciated by other doctors around the world, with the courage and knowledge they showed in their approach to the diseases they encountered. So much so that in cases where no one dared to treat, Turkish doctors completed the treatment process with great success. For this reason, the vast majority of foreign citizens have found treatment in Turkey for their diseases for which they could not find hope in their own country.
- Superior success rate in treatments
- The treatments are carried out with the latest technology and methods
- Doctors are experts in their field
- Nurses are experts in their field
- All the staff who take care of the patients are helpful and friendly
- Hospitals are large and fully equipped
- Having holiday opportunities in Turkey during and after the treatment
- The needs such as treatment, food, drink, shelter, clothing, vacation are met at an affordable price,
can be cited among other reasons for preference
One of the most curious subjects of foreign citizens before coming to Turkey is Head and Neck Cancer Treatment Prices in Turkey. However, it would not be healthy to give a clear price information at this stage. Because, many factors such as the type and stage of the cancer in the head and neck region, the age and gender of the patient, the reaction to the disease, diagnosis and treatment methods, and the treatment process directly affect the prices in this process. For this reason, you can contact us for answers to all your questions and detailed price information. In addition, if you come to Turkey through us for the treatment of cancers in the head and neck region, we can facilitate your visa procedures with the invitation letter sent by us to the consulate.
Prof.Dr. Ergün Dağlıoğlu (Eğitim Görevlisi), Beyin Cerrahı, Beyin Ve Sinir Cerrahisi